[comp.sys.amiga] A2630

In article <12247@grebyn.com> ckp@grebyn.UUCP (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
 >   Sorry, they won't. What this most likely refers to is the
 >imminent release of the A2630 card - a plug in 68030 30 card, like the
 >A2620 68020 card. It runs at 25MHz, contains the 68882 FPU and 2/4 Meg
 >of RAM, and has a connector for additional 32 bit add-ons (like more
 >RAM).

So how much is this 030 card gonna cost us? It turns out that the 2500 is
cheaper to buy than create from a 2000, I wonder if it will be the same with
the 3000? Cheaper to buy a 3000, or buy a 2000 and the board? I have niether at
the moment.

I want to get at least a 2000, but I'm waiting for the ECS to come out in the
new machines and 1.4 to be in the roms. Why buy now and have to pay extra for
the 1.4 roms and the ECS? Gives me time to save up the bucks too.

I think I will just hold my breath.......
--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
Never call a man a fool; borrow from him.

paquette@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Trevor Paquette) (08/10/89)

In article <941@corpane.UUCP>, sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
 ... stuff deleted ...
> I want to get at least a 2000, but I'm waiting for the ECS to come out in the
> new machines and 1.4 to be in the roms. Why buy now and have to pay extra for
> the 1.4 roms and the ECS? Gives me time to save up the bucks too.

   You are going to be waiting a LONG time.. remember when CA said 1.3 would
be out? And when was it delivered? At least you should have enough saved to buy
one hell of a nice machine :-)

________________________________/Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter
Trevor Paquette  ICBM:51'03"N/114'05"W|     |
{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!paquette| ____+____ .signature under construction
calgary!paquette@cs.ubc.ca            ||16 tonnes|                Hard Hat area

LAUL@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Gorrie) (08/20/89)

      Is it REALLY cheaper to buy an Amiga 2500 than to buy an Amiga 2000 and
a 68020 card?   I would think that is an exception rather than the rule.  At
least where I live buying the a2000 and the card is cheaper.

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (08/22/89)

In article <8908200924.AA15248@jade.berkeley.edu> LAUL@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Gorrie) writes:

>      Is it REALLY cheaper to buy an Amiga 2500 than to buy an Amiga 2000 and
>a 68020 card?   I would think that is an exception rather than the rule.  At
>least where I live buying the a2000 and the card is cheaper.

Well, if you aren't interested in the 40 Meg hard drive and the A2090A,
then yes, an A2000 + A2620 is cheaper than the A2500. Compare the cost
of an A2000HD and the A2500, or A2000 + A2090A + 40 meg ST506 HD +
A2620...

--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /

"kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM"@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com (08/23/89)

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 89 11:43 PDT
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Re: A2630 (Was: Re: Amiga 3000 )
To: "pigpen::amiga-relay%udel.edu"@KAHUNA.LAAC-AI.Dialnet.Symbolics.COM

    Date: Mon, 21-Aug-89 10:10:12-PDT

	  Is it REALLY cheaper to buy an Amiga 2500 than to buy an Amiga 2000 and
    a 68020 card?   I would think that is an exception rather than the rule.  At
    least where I live buying the a2000 and the card is cheaper.

don't forget to include the A2090A and hard disk as well as any of the
new chip set which might be in the 2500 but not yet in the 2000 :-).

monty kosma

Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Priestle) (02/09/90)

You will probably not find an A2630 advertised anyware.   Part of C= new
policy to help support retailers is not to support C= items sold mail order.
The best thing is to look in the phone book for C= retailers, shouldn't be to
difficult to find.  -jim-

Jim Priestle - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
UUCP: uunet!dayvb!afitamy!Jim.Priestle
ARPA: Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org
         //     Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway
    \ //     Dayton Ohio  (513)-252-7681
     \X/               1:110/300

dale@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dale Luck - Amiga) (03/26/90)

In article <70.25D2B0F2@afitamy.fidonet.org> Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Priestle) writes:
>You will probably not find an A2630 advertised anyware.   Part of C= new
>policy to help support retailers is not to support C= items sold mail order.
>The best thing is to look in the phone book for C= retailers, shouldn't be to
>difficult to find.  -jim-

However it would make sense for a manufacturer to advertise it's own
products, whether you must buy them from a dealer or not.
Dale Luck
GfxBase
boing.com!dale