[comp.sys.amiga] Watching TV on 1084????

NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (03/27/90)

From:   BGBIRD::NJ_GOKEMEIJE 22-MAR-1990 15:08:20.60
To:     Orig_To! i-amiga@lehiibm1, NJ_GOKEMEIJE
CC:
Subj:   Watching TV on 1084.

Hi, out there.

I wanted to change my 1084 into a TV.
Now I don't have a TV nor a VCR, so I started looking around for a
separate TV-TUNER. (I saw them in europe, remote, teletext etc) but
I need an NTSC-Tuner that gives off a COMPOSITE signal plus audio.
Now Radio Shack has something for $99, but it still gives RF, channel 3&4
(also something for $29 --> very interesting)
Also EastCoastSoftware in Hershey Pa has the tuner, giving composite,
for $89.
But the question is: Does anyone know of any cheaper tuners! or a simple
device that can make composite from RF, that works together with the
$29 apparatus? I don't need remote,timers, sleepers, digital channel display,
70 programmable channels etc.

Please send any answers directly to me, I will post a summary.

Nils
NJ_GOKEM@FANDM.bitnet

Disclaimer: I am not connected to anyone, and every letter is my own.

coxc0010@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (03/27/90)

In article <15039@snow-white.udel.EDU> NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>From:   BGBIRD::NJ_GOKEMEIJE 22-MAR-1990 15:08:20.60
>To:     Orig_To! i-amiga@lehiibm1, NJ_GOKEMEIJE
>
>I wanted to change my 1084 into a TV.
>Now I don't have a TV nor a VCR, so I started looking around for a
>separate TV-TUNER. (I saw them in europe, remote, teletext etc) but
>I need an NTSC-Tuner that gives off a COMPOSITE signal plus audio.
>But the question is: Does anyone know of any cheaper tuners! or a simple
>device that can make composite from RF, that works together with the
>$29 apparatus? I don't need remote,timers, sleepers, digital channel display,

I don't know any cheap new tuner, you got about the right price (90 - 100$).
How about a cheap VCR , or even a broken VCR , which the tuner works.

I have a question : is it available/expensive to convert a composite NTSC to
Amiga standard RGB analog signal? (except a gen-lock)

David Tse
coxc0010@ucselx.sdsu.edu