[comp.sys.amiga] MechForce is by Ralph Reed

grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve Snodgrass) (03/17/90)

In article <260055b9:5838.1comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP>, tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
> I have send a few shareware contributions (DBW Render is one).... and in one
> notable case I have FAR exceeded what the author asked for. This was W.
> Hawes's "BATTLEMECH" game.   Bar far this is the BEST Amiga program written
> of its type, commercial or otherwise , the upgrades have been very useful.

Are you referring to MechForce, which is by Ralph H. Reed, not William Hawes?
It's true that it is an excellent program, but I just wanted to set the record
straight.  Cal (Hobbit Hole sysop, home of MechForce) may catch this too....

/\=======================================================================/\
\/ Reality: Steve Snodgrass  |"Volts embodied intent, and Amps were the  \/
/\  -^-^- Cyberspace -^-^-   | runners who carried out those intentions, /\
\/ GRX1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu| against the Ohms." -Gregory Benford, ToL  \/
/\ GRX1042@uoft02.BITNET     | Sleep is a luxury, spare time a myth. -me /\
\/ uoft02::GRX1042 (DECnet)  | Recumbent Amigas - the only way to hack.  \/

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/19/90)

>tron1@tronsbox.UUCP
>(HIM) writes:
>> I have send a few shareware contributions (DBW Render is one).... and in one
>> notable case I have FAR exceeded what the author asked for. This was W.
>> Hawes's "BATTLEMECH" game.   Bar far this is the BEST Amiga program written
>> of its type, commercial or otherwise , the upgrades have been very useful.
>
>Are you referring to MechForce, which is by Ralph H. Reed, not William Hawes?
>It's true that it is an excellent program, but I just wanted to set the record
>straight.  Cal (Hobbit Hole sysop, home of MechForce) may catch this too....

DEAR GOD -- YIPE (Sorry William) _----- it's true .. I made an error )
(merry christmas Perry) --

   RALPH H. REED -- FORGIVE ME !!! (hehehe -- I guess I have to send another
check now!)

All this game needs now is a Modem option ! (grin)

Bermuda Triangle Mystery: Airplane, Missing Sixty-Four Years, Appears In Krem
lin.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

umcharl3@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Mike Charlton) (03/21/90)

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

>>tron1@tronsbox.UUCP
>>(HIM) writes:
>>> This was W. Hawes's "BATTLEMECH" game.
                         ^^^^^^^^^^

>>Are you referring to MechForce, which is by Ralph H. Reed, not William Hawes?
                       ^^^^^^^^^

Hi there.  My brother registered his copy of the program and received a few
upgrade notices, but none for quite a while.  The last version of the
program was BATTLEFORCE 3.0 (according to the docs) and had quite a few bugs
in it (although still an excellent program).  Can I assume from the name
changes that there is a new version around? If so, I'm sure he would like to
get ahold of it.
                            Mike

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/21/90)

>upgrade notices, but none for quite a while.  The last version of the
>program was BATTLEFORCE 3.0 (according to the docs) and had quite a few bugs
>in it (although still an excellent program).  Can I assume from the name
>changes that there is a new version around? If so, I'm sure he would like to
>get ahold of it.

No BATTLEFORCE 3.0 is that ;atest >I< have seen!

"Mia Farrow is really my mother", Reveals Marie Osmond.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

>>upgrade notices, but none for quite a while.  The last version of the
>>program was BATTLEFORCE 3.0 (according to the docs) and had quite a few bugs

>No BATTLEFORCE 3.0 is that ;atest >I< have seen!

Well I have BATTLEFORCE 3.61 and MECHFORCE 7.1, both are the same game
I think MECHFORCE is the latest version.

Call Cal Jones' BBS at (904) 243-6219 he has both of them online.
--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406

davidw@telxon.UUCP (David Wright) (03/22/90)

	Nope, YOU were wrong. BattleForce has changed it's name and is
now MechForce. Ralph did this to prevent possible lawsuits from the
company that holds the rights to the "BattleMech" names. He has also changed
the names of some of the robots, as those were also copyrighted by
FSA. Old mechs will still work, and no one says you have to delete those
with the copyrighted names... He also had to change the house names, but
guess what? He lets you create a file on disk containing any house names
you want, and ships a sample copy with the old house names.
	I have been able to get it set up so that other than some of
the new features it is identical to the previous versions, which is
what I expect most people will do.

		Dave
--
Telxon:         | davewt@NCoast.ORG             | Programs Plus presents:
 x4350          | uunet!hal!ncoast!davewt       | CoreWar, CRobots, Empire

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (03/26/90)

In article <26045b0c:5838.3comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP> tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>DEAR GOD -- YIPE (Sorry William) _----- it's true .. I made an error )
>(merry christmas Perry) --

Wow. It's a good thing I read on beyond the message you corrected, cuz I
was about to jump all over you. By the way: I agree, BattleForce probably
is my favorite Amiga game.

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/28/90)

>----------
>  Resp: 9 of 9 by *Masked* at madnix.UUCP
>In article <26045b0c:5838.3comp.sys.amiga;1@tronsbox.UUCP> tron1@tronsbox.UUCP
>(HIM) writes:
>>DEAR GOD -- YIPE (Sorry William) _----- it's true .. I made an error )
>>(merry christmas Perry) --
>
>Wow. It's a good thing I read on beyond the message you corrected, cuz I
>was about to jump all over you. By the way: I agree, BattleForce probably
>is my favorite Amiga game.

Thnks for the benefit of the doubt ... (we agree ?) .. it is , and I have
been very well repaid for every dime I ever sent him.

Cuban Professors Produce Clairvoyant Eccentric Leopard Girl.