[comp.sys.amiga] Sculpt -> ANIM

a1406@mindlink.UUCP (Elise Tarrant) (03/26/90)

> jac423@leah.Albany.Edu writes:
>
> Is  there a utility (PD or otherwise) which will transfer SCULPT-ANIMATE
> 4D animations into the standard ANIM format.  I'm  pretty  sure --
> |    //   Amiga Student on Campus Consultant   Jules Cisek     I do think |
> |  \X/   Computing Services Center Consultant  SUNYA, NY USA   it's good! |
> | AMIGA   Computer Science Major/Music Minor   jac423@leah.albany.edu |

As far as I know, the only way to get those SA4D anims to be anim-5 is to use
SA4D version 2.09 and choose the ANIM-5 option in the 'take' window. Then
re-render the anim.
        The encoding scheme hasn't been made public yet, although from what I
read in the IFF docs (1988 version) that may not be far off. Until that time,
the above-mentioned 'fix' is the only one I can suggest.

jac423@leah.Albany.Edu (Jules Cisek) (03/26/90)

Is  there a utility (PD or otherwise) which will transfer SCULPT-ANIMATE
4D animations into the standard ANIM format.  I'm  pretty  sure  they're
not  true  ANIM  to start with.  I tried some public domain ANIM players
and they didn't like the Sculpt stuff.  Only Movie liked it (but  that's
DESIGNED for Sculpt).  I need to standardise all my animations...
--

baer@qiclab.UUCP (Ken Baer) (03/29/90)

In article <1370@mindlink.UUCP> a1406@mindlink.UUCP (Elise Tarrant) writes:
|| jac423@leah.Albany.Edu writes:
|| Is  there a utility (PD or otherwise) which will transfer SCULPT-ANIMATE
|| 4D animations into the standard ANIM format.  I'm  pretty  sure --
|| |    //   Amiga Student on Campus Consultant   Jules Cisek     I do think |
|| |  \X/   Computing Services Center Consultant  SUNYA, NY USA   it's good! |
|| | AMIGA   Computer Science Major/Music Minor   jac423@leah.albany.edu |

|As far as I know, the only way to get those SA4D anims to be anim-5 is to use
|SA4D version 2.09 and choose the ANIM-5 option in the 'take' window. Then
|re-render the anim.

This is one option, albeit a time consuming one.

|        The encoding scheme hasn't been made public yet, although from what I
|read in the IFF docs (1988 version) that may not be far off.

Don't count on it.  They've been promising this since '87 (it was in the
'87 IFF docs too, it's a permanent part of the document).  Now that
Byte-by-Byte is concentrating most of its energies on the Mac, I would
think that releasing the Movie format specs on the Amiga would be pretty
low priority.  Anyway, there's less reason for the to since ANIMop5 is
so popular.

CaptureV1.2 which is included with Animation:EditorV1.2 will do the job.
And it's a lot faster than re-rendering.

--
    //    -Ken Baer.  Programmer/Animator, Hash Enterprises.
  \X/     Usenet: baer@qiclab.UUCP  or  PLink: KEN BAER