[comp.sys.amiga] PD Low-level Formatter

In <15278@snow-white.udel.EDU>, jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:
>Larry Phillips <lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> writes:
>
>> You might have problems low level formatting it with PREP, but there is
>> a solution for that in a PD low level formatter.
>
>If you know of a PD low-level format program, please provide a pointer
>to where one could obtain it via anon FTP!

Wish I could. I don't can't ftp. Don Curtis is about to release his generic
SCSI low level formatter. It does work with the 2090(A). When he does, I'll get
his permission to post it to the net, or perhaps he'll post it himself.

>> The main problem with it will be in the trouble you have to go through
>> to use it.  Every single diskette will have to be Prepped and then
>> Amigados formatted, and will have to have the same partition layout.
>
>This wouldn't really be too bad since the AmigaDos format could use the
>QUICK option.

This is true enough. I still feel it's a lot of trouble for a lousy 1.44 meg
(minus the RDB tracks) storage per floppy.

-larry

--
Entomology bugs me.

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (03/29/90)