[comp.sys.amiga] PD Animator?

a1406@mindlink.UUCP (Elise Tarrant) (03/27/90)

> kgs9698@cec1.wustl.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1990Mar27.162344.8493@cec1.wustl.edu>
>
> Org.  : Washington University, St. Louis, MO
> Person: Karl G. Stiefvater
>

> Quick question: Does anyone know of a PD program to take a series of IFF
> image files, and delta-compress them into a single ANIM file? Thanks...
>
> -Karl

Yes. I believe there is an early version of MakeAnim (I think it's by Keith
Doyle, author of The Director) and it should be somewhere on the Fish disks.

kgs9698@cec1.wustl.edu (Karl G. Stiefvater) (03/28/90)

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (03/28/90)

In article <1990Mar27.162344.8493@cec1.wustl.edu> kgs9698@cec2.edu (Karl G. Stiefvater) writes:

>Quick question: Does anyone know of a PD program to take a series of IFF
>image files, and delta-compress them into a single ANIM file?  Thanks...

MakeAnim will do  this for you nicely.  Ask around where to find it...

+--------------------------+----------------------+--------------------------+
| John A. Dutka  (jdutka)  |   .  .  . .____. .   | jdutka@wpi.bitnet        |
| Worcester Polytechnic	   |   |  |  | |    | |   | jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu       |
| WPI Box 2308             |   |  |  | |____| |   | husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka     |
| 100 Institute Road	   |   |  |  | |      |   +--------------------------+
| Worcester, MA 01609-2280 |   |__|__| |      |   | WPI  -  Home of the      |
| (508) 755-7128	   |                      | ever-growing tuition and |
| U.S.A.                   | (C) 1989, Chris Moir | freshman failure rate.   |

kgs9698@cec1.wustl.edu (Karl G. Stiefvater) (03/29/90)

>> Quick question: Does anyone know of a PD program to take a series of IFF
>> image files, and delta-compress them into a single ANIM file? Thanks...
>

>Yes. I believe there is an early version of MakeAnim (I think it's by Keith
>Doyle, author of The Director) and it should be somewhere on the Fish disks.

I'd love to have a copy of it, but it doesn't appear in the 'fishref' I have.
Does anyone know: Is is on a fish disk, or is it available for ftp anywhere?
Thanks...

-Karl