[comp.sys.amiga] Needed: Good Word Processor advice

music@batman.moravian.EDU (music) (03/06/90)

I have recently purchased a A500 w/1meg and 2 880k drives. I need a
good word processor, preferably with a spelling and grammer checker,
DTP and grafix compatibility are NOT necessary. It must not be so
complex to learn that kids (c.13-15) and wives (non-techie) would have
a hard time learning it, nor should it be very expensive (preferably
_under_ $100). We've looked at Excellence! and it looks pretty good
although it runs more like $150. ANY GOOD advice on a good general
purpose wordprocessor would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Response via direct e-mail would also be greatly appreciated
since I can't keep up with the enormous volume of this news group.
Many thanks!

Steve

| Stephen Heller - Music Technician  		  | E=MC2...
| CSNET -> music@batman.moravian.edu              | ...as long as you don't
| UUCP  -> ...!rutgers!liberty!batman!music       | look too close...
| INET  -> music%batman.moravian.edu@relay.cs.net |

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (03/08/90)

     If you are a student or teacher, you can buy WordPerfect for the Amiga
for only $99.  IMHO, there is nothing else that comes close to it as a
professional wp on the Amiga.  It's the only wp you'll ever need (except if
you want graphics, that is.)

bud@ucrmath.ucr.edu (bud mckenzie) (03/10/90)

How exactly does one get Word Perfect for $99 ?

Thanks,
Bud

In article <4632@ucrmath.UCR.EDU> bud@ucrmath.UUCP (bud mckenzie) writes:

>How exactly does one get Word Perfect for $99 ?
>
>Thanks,
>Bud

According to the info here at Michigan State University (at least last
time I checked) we can get it for $85.00.

 _   /|
 \`o.O'    Chris Dailey, Amiga Enthusiast
 =(___)=   dailey@cpsin1.cps.msu.edu
    U      - "Meow."
(Bill the Cat not original--imitation intended as a form of flattery.)

schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) (03/14/90)

In article <6901@cps3xx.UUCP> dailey@cpsin1.UUCP (Chris Dailey) writes:
>In article <4632@ucrmath.UCR.EDU> bud@ucrmath.UUCP (bud mckenzie) writes:
>>
>>How exactly does one get Word Perfect for $99 ?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bud
>
>According to the info here at Michigan State University (at least last
>time I checked) we can get it for $85.00.

The WordPerfect Educational Software Direct Order Form has a price of $89.00
for WordPerfect-Amiga.  This price is quoted in US dollars and applies "to
U.S. delivery for U.S. customers only."  This price does not include shipping
(choices are UPS Ground, FedEx 2nd day, or FedEx Overnight, and Utah residents
are supposed to add 6.25% sales tax.  The current Amiga WordPerfect is version
4.1, with an update to make it file compatible with IBM/PC version 4.2 (haven't
checked this out yet.

Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (03/15/90)

>In article <4632@ucrmath.UCR.EDU> bud@ucrmath.UUCP (bud mckenzie) writes:
>>
>>How exactly does one get Word Perfect for $99 ?

We called WordPerfect's 800 number and asked for the forms to be sent to us.
Then simply filling them out and sending in the money to Wordperfect got us
the program.
				Terry

davidm@sugar.hackercorp.com (David Martin) (03/23/90)

In article <4632@ucrmath.UCR.EDU>, bud@ucrmath.ucr.edu (bud mckenzie) writes:

> How exactly does one get Word Perfect for $99 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bud

Simply call Wordperfect corp. and ask for their educational
purchasing materials....there phone number is in the directory
call 1-800-555-1212 to get the number...I can't find mine!
Blasted computer desks and post-it notes!
David
--
David Martin INFO magazine "Tech Corner" PLINK ID: DAVIDM
The 1581 DOS Reference Guide have you bought one yet?

robi@attila.esa.oz (RoBeRt KaRp) (03/28/90)

Is there a wordprocessor available which is BETTER than Word Perfect 4.1 (or
whatever is the latest version for the Amiga). I'm thinking on the lines
of a product like FrameMaker.

My mother uses Word Perfect and she finds it really difficult to use !

	- Robi

--
INTERNET: robi@attila.esa.oz.au    ACSnet: robi@attila.esa.oz
Fax     : (+61) (2) 953 9531             Robert Karp///

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (03/29/90)

In article <509@attila.esa.oz>, robi@attila.esa.oz (RoBeRt KaRp) writes:
> Is there a wordprocessor available which is BETTER than Word Perfect 4.1 (or
> whatever is the latest version for the Amiga). I'm thinking on the lines
> of a product like FrameMaker.
>
> My mother uses Word Perfect and she finds it really difficult to use !

My father uses WordPerfect, has memory problems, and a short concentration
span, is computer illiterate, is left handed, has a nerve palsy in his left
hand, hates mice, hates computers, and can't see why the computer dosn't
get the next disk itself, if it wants another disk,

AND HE FINDS IT REALLY EASY TO USE!

Regards Alan