[comp.sys.amiga] Ada grammar

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (03/29/90)

Hi.  Anybody know where I can obtain an Ada language specification?
(ie, grammar and semantics)  I've decided to finally get around to
writing an Ada compiler (in my sparse spare time 8-).

			Thanks, Ralph Seguin

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu     gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu
gilgalad@goliath.eecs.umich.edu   Ralph_Seguin@ub.cc.umich.edu
gilgalad@sparky.eecs.umich.edu    USER6TUN@UMICHUB.BITNET

Ralph Seguin               |  In order to get infinitely many monkeys to type
11010 Lighthouse Dr. #234  | something that actually makes sense, you need to
Belleville, MI 48111       | have infinitely many monkey editors as well.
(313) 697-1048

echarne@ics.uci.edu (Eli B. Charne) (03/29/90)

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

>Hi.  Anybody know where I can obtain an Ada language specification?
>(ie, grammar and semantics)  I've decided to finally get around to
>writing an Ada compiler (in my sparse spare time 8-).

  There is an Ada grammar on one of the fish disks.

  I don't recall which fish disk, but I was able to ``compile it'' with the
  amiga version of bison.

					      -Eli

--
Eli Charne
echarne@ics.uci.edu               echarne@uci.bitnet

@utrcgw.utc.com:mark@ardnt1 (mark) (03/30/90)

on 28 Mar 90 21:57:57 GMT,
"Eli B. Charne" <@utrcgw.utc.com:echarne@ics.uci.EDU> said:
  > Sender: amiga-relay-request <@utrcgw.utc.com:amiga-relay-request@udel.EDU>

  > gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

      >>> Hi.  Anybody know where I can obtain an Ada language specification?
      >>> (ie, grammar and semantics)  I've decided to finally get around to
      >>> writing an Ada compiler (in my sparse spare time 8-).

  >   There is an Ada grammar on one of the fish disks.
  >   I don't recall which fish disk, but I was able to ``compile it'' with the
  >   amiga version of bison.

  > 					      -Eli

  > --
  > Eli Charne
  > echarne@ics.uci.edu               echarne@uci.bitnet
  > echarne@nrtc.northrop.com

Bison is available on Fish disk 155.

I think that this is the disk with the Ada grammar on it.  If it's not
try disk 156 (contains Flex - GNU version of lex).

I'm pretty certain that it is on one of these.

				Mark

| Mark Stucky                         | Email:                               |
| United Technologies Research Center |   mark%ardnt1@utrcgw.utc.com         |
| East Hartford, CT.                  |   mast%utrcv1@utrcgw.utc.com         |