[comp.sys.amiga] Not having manuals and pirated software

jet@tramp.tmc.edu (j. eric townsend) (03/28/90)

In article <15031@snow-white.udel.EDU> pfaff@mercury.asd.contel.com (Ray Pfaff - Oakwood 457 934-8162) writes:
>As an interested bystander, how would you feel if I called you a thief because
>you asked a question that's in the AmigaDos manual?  That's certainly proof
>that you must have stole your Amiga since the information should be availible
>to you.

Furthermore...

I just acquired an Amiga (yea!), but it was used, and much of the
original, paid-for software is without documentation.  Some of it
*has* full documentation, but my original copy of SimCity (for example)
does not.  I'm going to contact the publisher to see what I can do
about getting a manual, since I have the master disk....  Same goes
for a couple of other games, and a few sw packages -- original floppy,
no manual.

Not all of us with stupid questions are pirates.
--
J. Eric Townsend
University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics

krentz@mentor.com (Ken Rentz) (03/30/90)

In article <1990Mar27.234134.15770@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@tramp.tmc.edu (j. eric townsend) writes:

>I just acquired an Amiga (yea!), but it was used, and much of the
>original, paid-for software is without documentation.  Some of it
>*has* full documentation, but my original copy of SimCity (for example)
>does not.  I'm going to contact the publisher to see what I can do
>about getting a manual, since I have the master disk....  Same goes
>for a couple of other games, and a few sw packages -- original floppy,
>no manual.
>
>Not all of us with stupid questions are pirates.

Same here.  I purchased a used amiga with a large amount of software.  It is all
on the original, paid for disks.  Most has full documentation, boxes and all of that
other stuff. The games (The Empire Strikes Back and arakinoid (sp)) do not.
I don't have the time to try to track down the addresses of the publishers for
a couple of games that I use only a few times a month.  I've been tempted to
post here for info, but have better things to do with my time than deal with a
bunch of self appointed "net police" who have nothing better to do than annoy
people.

--
                    Mentor Graphics  Silicon Development Division
Kenneth Rentz            work (503) 626-7000 X 3674         home (503) 245-2173