[comp.sys.amiga] MSH: on 5 1/4?

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (04/05/90)

In article <2267@darkstar.ucsc.edu> amiga@spica.ucsc.edu
(Martin Kruckenberg) writes:

>        MessyDos is a good program, but it is really only
>useful to me if it works on 5 1/4 inch discs.  Does anyone
>know if CrossDos works on the 5 1/4 inch drives?  Thanks
>in advance.

Yesterday I used Aterm to do an Xmodem transfer of an
MS-DOS .EXE file directly from a 5 1/4-inch floppy disk
to a remote MS-DOS system.  It ran fine on the other end.
I'm using CrossDOS and am quite impressed with it.

My 5 1/4-inch drive is an original Commodore 1020.  I have
heard people complain of problems when using other 5 1/4-inch
drives, though.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
"Take him to the interrogation room and WASH HIS HAIR!"
        -- Calvin & Hobbes