[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Graphics... Getting tired!

sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) (04/07/90)

It's been about a month since this mad rampage got started about which
computer is better and that Commodore has NO future without any
enhancements.

I am not just picking on Marc here but others who do the same thing.
Once is enough.  We don't have to take it in the next century, you know.
 Really, I don't have time for this.  It wasn't so bad when some users
got into some heated discussions about who needs what and it was
interesting to take your mind off the 'normal' comp.sys.amiga topics.
It is getting out of hand when I have 150 NEW messages each day with
about 100 of them dealing with this.(It's getting a little better now)
It's nice to speculate ideas but DEMANDING these things and whining
about it won't do any good other than waste valuable band width.

I think people on this b-board as well as Commodore itself are well
aware of the fact that there are advancement going on with other
computers but there are a lot of exciting things going on for the Amiga
also.  Maybe we won't see the new 24 bit graphics card for the Amiga
anytime soon but that won't KILL the Amiga's presence or make the Amiga
into an orphan.  Let's not try to over-exaggerate facts and figures as
well as opinions.  You might get more favorable responses from other
groups than here.(think about it!  if someone rattles something that you
have, ie Amiga, YOU WILL GET FLAMED)  Most of us are Amiga nuts who
despise MACS and IBMS, not Amiga itself.  Most of us are quite HAPPY
with what we have.  Not everyone will need or will be able to afford
24-bit graphics card when and if it does become availble.  FIne, maybe
some people are willing to pay high prices for these stuff and let's say
that CBM came out with one of these.  It won't be long before someone
outgrows the 24-bit graphics and will be asking for more and more and
more... think about it... Weren't you intrigued when you first saw the
Timex Sinclair with like 4k memory and it's graphics?  Weren't you
impressed when you first saw the C-64 with its rich 16 colors and
whopping synthesizer sound?  It all sounds mediocre now and it should
with all the advancement made within just the last decade.

The fact is, at this day and age, it's kinda hard to keep up with all of
the technological advances that are going on.  It's going to take time
before you see this stuff on the market.  You might say that others have
it, why can't we?  Well, something tells me that it is lack of
resources.  I mean there are a lot of projects that are going on at
Commodore.  Some are working on the A3000, some on WB 1.4, etc..  What,
you are still whining?  If you really want these technology, you can
either do two things: 1) Sell your Amiga and go by a MAC IIfx or a
similarly equipped IBM or 2) Donate your spare $millions that are laying
around you and donate it to Commodore to do R&D.(I will welcome any
other ideas for this)  Either way, we won't have to hear you BITCH about
what Amiga needs and what it doesn't.

Well, I think  I've said enough.

             Sun...

Carnegie Mellon University                               sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu
CMU PuckHeads: 'Puck Off or be Pucked!'                           PuckHeads??
'Be excellent to each other!' - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Dude?!?!?!)
Billy Joel?  Billy JOEL?  BILLY Joel?  BiLlY JoEl?  BIllY JOel?  BILLY JOEL?!

a596@mindlink.UUCP (Terry Palfrey) (04/08/90)

fourteenth good idea I've seen dis week
I'll second it.
Comp.sys.amiga.opinion
Yupp...kick back with a brew and it'll be like being
at a SIG meeting ..... Most likely nobody would notice
that your replies were influenced by the twelve tall cools
you'd consumed wading through da verbiage..........
Let's get on with it...
The hardware will come as has part of the software.....
If someone else does it bigger better and cheaper each of us
will have to cross that bridge then according to our own needs
(I'll be the guy picking up the cheap antiquated stuff)
I love the gossip, don't get me wrong but I would rather see
stuff like a PD staffed startup sequence that looks like
a UNIX app. and does just about everything to back up a major program
application and impress the uninitiated at the same time.

	Actually these discussions are totally unimportant. Many
Amigans don't know what is going on elsewhere, or at least don't fully
understand what is going on elsewhere. It helps in that sense:
awareness.
	However, it is true that not everyone cares. There have been
some suggestions for new groups, how about comp.sys.amiga.opinion
	It would include opinions and rumors. This way those who live
for that can read/post there, and those who don't can save the time
and possibly money.
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

"If Commodore had to market sushi they'd call it `raw cold fish'"
		-- The Bandito, inevitably stolen from someone else

In article <1990Apr8.191106.10372@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	Actually these discussions are totally unimportant. Many
>Amigans don't know what is going on elsewhere, or at least don't fully
>understand what is going on elsewhere. It helps in that sense:
>awareness.
>	However, it is true that not everyone cares. There have been
>some suggestions for new groups, how about comp.sys.amiga.opinion
>	It would include opinions and rumors. This way those who live
>for that can read/post there, and those who don't can save the time
>and possibly money.
>	-- Ethan
>
>Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
>
>"If Commodore had to market sushi they'd call it `raw cold fish'"
>		-- The Bandito, inevitably stolen from someone else

	That was SUPPOSED to be "these discussions are NOT totally
unimportant". Sorry.