[comp.sys.amiga] Banner/Poster makers????

jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) (04/09/90)

I posted this question last week, but the subject line got all
garbaged up so I will try again.

(BTW thanks to Jonathan Chang who waded through the garbage and
sent a response)

I have been given a real heavy weight requirement by one of my
favorite customers, namely my wife.  To wit I need to acquire a new
software package.  And where does every one go to get good recom-
mendations?  Yup, right here!!

I need reviews, comments about any  PD or commercial products to
print clip art, awards, cards, banners, posters, etc.  I would prefer
a product that can be installed on hard disk and run without having to
find the secret word or use a dongle.

I have an 2000HD with 1MB and an Epson LX-800 printer.

Any suggestions, comments will be welcone.  Jonathan suggested Delux
Print II.  Any comments on this one?

Once again, thanks for your time and patience.

Regards, Jerry Whitman - keeper of FishXref and FishCon.

stoic@oak.circa.ufl.edu (04/10/90)

In article <9004091242.AA01976@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) writes:
>I posted this question last week, but the subject line got all
>garbaged up so I will try again.
>
>(BTW thanks to Jonathan Chang who waded through the garbage and
>sent a response)
>
>I have been given a real heavy weight requirement by one of my
>favorite customers, namely my wife.  To wit I need to acquire a new
>software package.  And where does every one go to get good recom-
>mendations?  Yup, right here!!
>
>I need reviews, comments about any  PD or commercial products to
>print clip art, awards, cards, banners, posters, etc.  I would prefer
>a product that can be installed on hard disk and run without having to
>find the secret word or use a dongle.

I have used a program called Printmaster Plus a few times...
It is not completely professional, but it is a good program...
It comes with different fonts, borders, lots of clip art.  I have made a few
announcements and cards with it, and they came out pretty good.
The cards it makes are a little flimsy though... You have to fold the paper
in half and then in half again... It is OK though... it really depends on
how fancy you want to get...
The program also creates letterheads, banners<i think>, and posters as well
as cards etc... It has been very useful to me.

   ------Printmaster Plus-----
Not sure who makes it though

-STOIC