[comp.sys.amiga] NewTek demo reel 2?

dave@cs.arizona.edu (David P. Schaumann) (04/09/90)

I was ftp'ing xanth a while ago, found & got NewTek demo reels 1 & 3.
Seems like there ought to be demo reel 2 somewhere...  Anybody know about
this?

Dave Schaumann
dave@cs.arizona.edu

gfre@pawl.rpi.edu (gregory m stiegler) (04/09/90)

dave@cs.arizona.edu (David P. Schaumann) writes:

>I was ftp'ing xanth a while ago, found & got NewTek demo reels 1 & 3.
>Seems like there ought to be demo reel 2 somewhere...  Anybody know about
>this?

The Demo Reel 2 is not available because of copyright restrictions (NewTek used
some stuff from Star Wars in it).  Sorry but we'll jst have to make due with
reels 1 and 3.

gfre@pawl.rpi.edu

murphyd@csuchico.edu (Dave Murphy) (04/10/90)

In article <213@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> dave@cs.arizona.edu (David P. Schaumann) writes:
>I was ftp'ing xanth a while ago, found & got NewTek demo reels 1 & 3.
>Seems like there ought to be demo reel 2 somewhere...  Anybody know about
>this?

Reel #2 had copyright problems from what I here.  I know a few people who
saw it at a FAUG meeting.  It requires 1 meg of CHIP RAM and had a lot of
pictures from STAR WARS etc and they could not get releases for them.

Anyways Tim Jensen said they would not release it, but would not say why.

>Dave Schaumann
>dave@cs.arizona.edu

       ///  /\        __||  ||  ||  |  |  David L. Murphy           \\\
  \\\ ///  /--\miga  |__ |__||__||__|  |  murphyd@csuchico.edu       \\\ ///
   \\\//                               |  murphyd@cscihp.UUCP         \\///