[comp.sys.amiga] Postscript

gbs@utgpu.UUCP (08/24/87)

What is available out there in the line of postscript laser printing off the
Amiga ? What products are available and how do they interact with the
printer drivers in the amiga (if at all). If you know the answer to these and
many other unasked related questions, could you email answers to me here.
(I'll mail out summaries on request)

Thanks,
--
Gideon Sheps
I am not a number ...                             ...I am a free variable !

blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch (04/07/90)

In article <6342@ur-cc.UUCP> gavs_c22@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (STARK) writes:

>Is there a program that will load and view a postscript or EPS file for the
>AMIGA? (like a ViewPostscript program?)  Either commercial or PD would be
>fine.
>

>Gavin Stark
>(gavs_c22@uhura.cc.rochester.edu)

Get Post1.1 by Adrian Aylward. It's public domain (or shareware) and should
be available on any good BBS.
Post1.1 requires at least 1 meg and comes without fonts, so you'll have to
look for fonts too. It displays EPS and Postscript files in black and white
or color (e.g. color postscript files produced by PageStream 1.8 or PPage).
It is also possible to convert EPS to IFF or print to any Preferences
printer.
I've spotted it on Radical Eye BBS: (415)-327-2346 (fonts are there too)

			--Martin

|         ///    Martin A. Blatter                                      |
|        ///     University of Zurich, department of Computer Science   |
|       ///      Switzerland (Europe)                                   |
|   \\\///       ---                                                    |
|    \XX/        Internet: blatter@ifi.unizh.ch                         |

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (04/08/90)

In article <1990Apr7.122817.23554@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch>
blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch writes:
>Post1.1 requires at least 1 meg and comes without fonts, so you'll have to
>look for fonts too.

Where can I find fonts for "Post"?  Are they freely available?
I just found Post 1.0 (xanth, incoming/amiga); should I hunt for 1.1 ?

*** All pointers & info appreciated! ***

 ._.  Udo Schuermann
 ( )  walrus@cscwam.umd.edu

kxs5829@ultb.isc.rit.edu (K.X. Saunders) (04/09/90)

In article <1990Apr7.122817.23554@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch> blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch writes:
>Get Post1.1 by Adrian Aylward. It's public domain (or shareware) and should
>be available on any good BBS.
>I've spotted it on Radical Eye BBS: (415)-327-2346 (fonts are there too)

>|         ///    Martin A. Blatter                                      |

Could someone put Post1.1 on Xanth with some fonts?

	Thanks,
	Kyle
|    // Only /\          kxs5829@ultb.isc.rit.edu                            |
|\\ //      /--\MIGA     kyle@ritcsh.cs.rit.edu                              |
| \X/                    Rochester Institute of Technology                   |

blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr7.221603.11583@wam.umd.edu> walrus@cscwam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) writes:
>In article <1990Apr7.122817.23554@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch>
>blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch writes:
>>Post1.1 requires at least 1 meg and comes without fonts, so you'll have to
>>look for fonts too.
>
>Where can I find fonts for "Post"?  Are they freely available?
>I just found Post 1.0 (xanth, incoming/amiga); should I hunt for 1.1 ?
>
>*** All pointers & info appreciated! ***
>
> ._.  Udo Schuermann
> ( )  walrus@cscwam.umd.edu

Post 1.0 is ok! The main difference between Post 1.0 and Post 1.1 is,
that the interpreter is now located in a post.library you have to put
into your libs: directory. Personally I don't like this... What should
we do if every program had it's own library...

Fonts can be found on BBS's (as posted earlier). There are plenty of
PD fonts around.

You can also transfer type 3 fonts (the ones in plain postscript
code) from other computers esp. M*cs. Compugraphic and Bitstream
fonts are in the popular Fontographer format and are well suited for
use with Post.