[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.05 upgrades: SUCCESS

Arkon@krylsrcsip (Todd P. Carpenter) (03/22/90)

Hey!  Since there have been a few "boneheads" whining about Lattice, I thought I
would be different.  Seems people are always ready to complain, but rarely
praise.

I have been a thrilled customer of Lattice ever since my purchase of 5.00 a
year ago.  Sure, there were bugs.  Give be something that doesn't have them,
and I'll show you 1) a lousy tester, or 2) a trivial program.  I've now received
three FREE upgrades.  That is pretty good, considering the disks, postage, and
handling ain't too cheap.  So I thought I would send Lattice some postage for
this time around.  I immediately received both my 5.05 upgrade and my uncashed
check.  Along with the returned check was a nice typed letter from Laura Clay of
Customer Service, explaining that Lattice does not charge customers for such
things.

Well, knock me over with a feather.  Not only the upgrade, but my money was
returned.  (And yes, I did have money in the account, and the check was
signed).  Thanks, Lattice!  I shall certainly continue to support you, although
I am not sure how.  What else do you sell?  Are there upgrade paths to C++?

You whiners:  Try being positive.

--

Todd P. Carpenter:           carpent%kryl@src.honeywell.com
Life is a precious thing

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (04/11/90)

In article <28589@cup.portal.com> Chris_F_Chiesa@cup.portal.com writes:
>Against my better judgment (I can feel the flames already), I have to ask.
>
>I bought Lattice 5.04 back in October, and haven't received anything about
>"5.05" from Lattice.  From the context here (4/4/90, the first time I've
>read here in a while, as I can't keep up with the volume), I gather that
>MAYBE it only applies to SOME 5.04 disks.  Is that correct?  Should I have
>received something?  When did this 5.05 patch come out?  What does it
>do?  Is there a Real Reason I might not have received it?

After the release cycle for 5.04 some additional minor bugs were found. Lattice
doesn't feel that the fixes are of such a magnitude as to warrant mass distribution
to everyone.
The 5.05 patch set is available on the Lattice BBS and BIX. If you are having
a problem with 5.04, contact Lattice tech support, and if it is something fixed
in 5.05 then they will be happy to send you a copy.
I don't know the specific problems fixed. If you aren't having any problems
I wouldn't worry about it.