[comp.sys.amiga] setcpu troubles

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (04/03/90)

I'm sorry to repost this, but I since I haven't found a solution and it's
still rather important to me...

Well, since I installed an Imprimis Swift 170 megs harddisk in my system,
setcpu fastrom won't work anymore.
After some accesses to the harddisk the system hangs, even without a guru.
If I don't access the harddisk, it works.
I didn't change anything else, I just picked my old HD out an put my new
one in (and installed it, of course).

Where could be the problem?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

In article <02650.AA02650@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) writes:

>Well, since I installed an Imprimis Swift 170 megs harddisk in my system,
>setcpu fastrom won't work anymore.

Which controller are you using?

The only thing I know that can be directly affected by FASTROM is, of
course, the speed of your code.  It's certainly possible that you've
encountered some kind of software timing problem with your controller.
You've increased the speed of your hard disk drive, and the only thing
that's directly affected by that is the device driver software for your
controller.

Swifts and Wrens have worked just great around here with FASTROM, usually
with a 2091 controller.

Just to be on the safe side, invoke SetCPU with the "NOPATCH" option, and
don't change the 1.3 boot-up cache settings, and don't use a CardROMFile.

>Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough