[comp.sys.amiga] CBM's stock heads south

mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) (04/11/90)

	Last week (4/2 to 4/6) CBM's stock dropped about 10% and the
sinking is continuing.  Right now the market values CBM at about 1/4
annual sales, which is pretty close to the ratio that the market put
on the company when bankruptcy was considered likely back in the dark
days.  That's terrible.  Things aren't really that bad are they?  I
suppose the only way to tell is to keep an eye out for management
heading for the exits.  It's sad to note that CBM's stockholders
are getting the kind of support that the company used to give it's
customers before the new regime took over.  What does Irving do
for that 1.25M he pays himself?  Actually I'll bet he costs us a lot
more than that via expense account globe trotting!

In article <16424@snow-white.udel.EDU> mjsagar@sandia.gov (9123 SAGARTZ, MATHIAS J.) writes:

>	Last week (4/2 to 4/6) CBM's stock dropped about 10% and the
>sinking is continuing.  Right now the market values CBM at about 1/4
>annual sales, which is pretty close to the ratio that the market put
>on the company when bankruptcy was considered likely back in the dark
>days.  That's terrible.  Things aren't really that bad are they?  I

	Never take the stock market too seriously. One week
"swings" are relatively meaningless. I get all the sales
information and there hasn't been any bad information. Things
aren't beautiful all round, but they are hardly bad. Sales over
1989 (annual, not fiscal year) were about $860 million. I'm not
saying that Commodore is doing great, they are hurting in some
areas, particularly the dying of C-64 sales, however Amiga sales
continue to rise.
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

"If Commodore had to market sushi they'd call it `raw cold fish'"
		-- The Bandito, inevitably stolen from someone else