[comp.sys.amiga] TxED--Resident

bill@wfhami.UUCP (Bill Hogsett) (04/09/90)

    I would appreciate help with TxEd Plus.  When I try to make it
residentable either by doing:

                setenv Txed2.set "-RES"

or by declaring an alias such as:

                alias E "E -res"

I get a task held when I invoke TxEd!  So what am I doing wrong?

    My configuration is an A1000 with 1.5 of memory, running WShell,
conman, AREXX, qmouse, works (screen blanker), and beepit (makes sound
instead of screen flash.  I think I have taken the system back to a "pure"
1.3 and still think I get the same problem.

    Any suggestions will be appreciated, tried and reported back here.

--
Bill Hogsett                      CLEVELAND AREA-AMIGA USERS' GROUP (CA-AUG)
ncoast!wfhami                            (216) 642-3344 (BBS)

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (04/11/90)

In article <02926.AA02926@wfhami.UUCP> bill@wfhami.UUCP (Bill Hogsett) writes:

>    I would appreciate help with TxEd Plus.  When I try to make it
>residentable either by doing:

   [deleted stuff]

>I get a task held when I invoke TxEd!  So what am I doing wrong?

You can only 'resident' programs that have 'pure' code, i.e., code that only
references data via an address register (stack pointer, frame register, etc),
and that doesn't declare static or initialized data. Evidently TxEd Plus
doesn't fulfill these requirements.

bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) (04/11/90)

In article <445@oregon.oacis.org> jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) writes:
>In article <02926.AA02926@wfhami.UUCP> bill@wfhami.UUCP (Bill Hogsett) writes:
>>
>>    I would appreciate help with TxEd Plus.  When I try to make it
>>residentable either by doing:
>>
>   [deleted stuff]
>>
>>I get a task held when I invoke TxEd!  So what am I doing wrong?

TxEd plus is tuned to be run with the ARP setup includeing the ARP shell
You may make TxEd plus resident from other shells with resident commands
BUT you must invoke TxEd with the -RES flag.  Your documentation should
help you out here.

Bob Luneski

  Bob Luneski
  Diamond Back Support Hotline:  bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM