[comp.sys.amiga] GVP Harddrive problems, Please HELP!

NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (04/11/90)

Hi out there,

A friend of mine has a GVP harddrive + 2 MEG, + 501 card.
But it crashes when he uses the serial.device (printing and communications)
and also with the program MORE!!
The drive works on my 500, no problem.
Without the 501 card, it is still the same.
It works though with a NOFASTMEM.
Does anyone have any clue what is going on here??

Nils Gokemeijer
(NJ_GOKEM@FANDM.BITNET)

robin@sabre.austin.ibm.com (Robin D. Wilson/1000000) (04/12/90)

In article <16520@snow-white.udel.EDU> NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>A friend of mine has a GVP harddrive + 2 MEG, + 501 card.
>But it crashes when he uses the serial.device (printing and communications)
>The drive works on my 500, no problem.
>Without the 501 card, it is still the same.
>It works though with a NOFASTMEM.

Does it work on your A500 with his A501?  Does it work on your A500 with his
2Meg of memory in it, or without the memory?  It sounds to me like he has
something wrong with his A500, not the drive.

(Just a wild guess.)  Try swapping the serial chips from his machine
to yours (I think they are 8502's).  --  This ASSUMES that the warranty
has expired on both machines...

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|USNail:                               UUCP:                                  |
|2323 Wells Branch Pkwy., #G107        cs.utexas.edu!romp!ibmchs!auschs\      |
|Austin, TX  78728                     !sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin            |
|Home: (512)251-6889                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<-MUST BE INCLUDED|