[comp.sys.amiga] <<SPOILER ALERT>> Re: DungeonMaster

cmcmanis@stpeter.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (04/14/90)

What follows are a couple of spoilers for level 6 of Dungeon Master, don't
read them if you don't like to "cheat." If you do like to cheat, send me
$5 and I'll send you a hardcopy of my maps for all the levels, (level 12
is missing a couple of secret buttons). My address is 1141 Vasquez ave
Sunnyvale CA 94086.

Hit "n" now or face the consequences...

In article <1836@gannet.cl.cam.ac.uk> phg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Philip Gladwin) writes:
>1) Level 6. In the big room with all the pillars, Beholders and Skeletons,
>entered by the long passage that says 'I don't like to be ignored',
>there are two secret stores that I have found, but there seems
>to be a third. At least, there is a section of wall I see go down when I step
>on an invisible pressure pad, but I can't figure out  how to keep the
>wall open.

The nearly invisible pressure point can only be activated by someone standing
on it. That can by you or it can be a party of skeletons. Since the skeletons
regenerate it is fairly easy to wait around until a party appears nearby.
When they do lead them over the pressure plate, when they stand on it use
a Freeze Life box (which for some reason works on the undead) to freeze them
there, now go collect your easter eggs.

>2). Level 6 also. What do you do with the force field in the
>corridor that says 'Try your strength'. Hmm? Ehh?

Have you tried throwing anything down this corridor? If you do and it
makes it to the other end it will land on a pressure point that opens
a secret door to this section of the maze. If the item doesn't make it
all the way it may get transported back to you so if you throw a knife
be sure to step out of the way. There is also a somewhat strange transporter
near there that has no apparent use.

>On a more general note, on levels 5 and 6 there seem to be
>a lot of empty rooms. Is this true or am I missing something sinister?

My maps include most of the rooms that contains items shown on them.
(I believe it is all of them but you never know for sure without disassembling
the game)

--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM
"I tell you this parrot is bleeding deceased!"