[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted: info on uued/decode from 0xx series fish disk

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (04/11/90)

I have copied, and unzooed uued/decode package from uiuc ftp site.

All I want to do is to uudecode. However, is the uuencode SUPPOSED to work?
That is, the binary included in the distribution. It seems to hang when I use
it. From the unix man entry, it seems that it is designed to be used by piping
the output directly to a mail program. Will it work on its own and on the
amiga?

Does the uudecode binary work?

--
Chris Kushmerick

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov
kushmerick@pofvax.sunysb.edu

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (04/14/90)

In article <1790@bnlux0.bnl.gov>, kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
> I have copied, and unzooed uued/decode package from uiuc ftp site.
>
> All I want to do is to uudecode. However, is the uuencode SUPPOSED to work?
> That is, the binary included in the distribution. It seems to hang when I use
> it. From the unix man entry, it seems that it is designed to be used by piping
> the output directly to a mail program. Will it work on its own and on the
> amiga?
>
> Does the uudecode binary work?

	Yes it works.  Try:

  uuencode <Input.FileName >Output-UUencoded.FileName DestFileName

You encode Input.FileName, the output is Output-UUencoded,FileName and
the first line in the uuencoded file that defines what the filename will be
when uudecoded is DestFileName.

Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: dayvb!fac2