[comp.sys.amiga] Rejuvinator board?

nfs1675@dsacg2.dsac.dla.mil (Michael Figg) (04/06/90)

In article <14805@s.ms.uky.edu>, kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) writes:
> The last word was that it would be released on march 31.  However,
> there has been no word on it since before AmiExpo (march 17).
> Is it available?  Delayed?  Dead?  Was it for sale at AmiExpo, as
> announced?  Did anyone on the net buy one?
>
> Kenneth Herron

I talked to Greg Tibbs briefly at AmiExpo and he said that they were real close
to shipping although it sounded like they had to switch producers at the last
minute. I might see him tomorrow and will find out if there is anything new
on them.

						Mike

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (04/09/90)

In article <17100@well.sf.ca.us>, cassiel@well.sf.ca.us (Paul Theodoropoulos) writes:
> In article <14805@s.ms.uky.edu> kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) writes:
> >The last word was that it would be released on march 31.  However,
> >there has been no word on it since before AmiExpo (march 17).
>
> It was in fact for sale at AmiExpo. All 100 available sold out. The next
> "run" will be done mid-April. I have my order in!
>
> (call Expert Services, at 1 606 371 9690.)

As advertised and promised, I talked to Greg Tibbs on Saturday, and he
confirmed what Paul says here. Except Greg says they have about 180 units
produced so far. I got the impression from Greg that the 100 units Paul
mentions are sold but not delivered. Delivery should start later this month.
I don't know much more than this so call Expert Services for questions. There
might be a User Group discount.

					Mike

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh

FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) (04/11/90)

[dumb question time = feel free to ignore]

Since the Rejuvinator allows 1.4 to be used on an A1000 and 1.4 is not
yet released, does that mean that these Rejuvinators do not have the
1.4 Chip Set?  And what about the ROMs?  Much as I want a Rejuvinator,
it doesn't do me much good if I will have to buy 1.4 later and install
new chips and ROMs.  I'd rather wait.

So what's the status of the Rejuvinator boards offered now:  with 1.4
or not?  Anybody know?

Dana Bourgeois @ Cup.Portal.Com

evtracy@sdrc.UUCP (Tracy Schuhwerk) (04/11/90)

From article <28781@cup.portal.com>, by FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois):
> [dumb question time = feel free to ignore]
>
> Since the Rejuvinator allows 1.4 to be used on an A1000 and 1.4 is not
> yet released, does that mean that these Rejuvinators do not have the
> 1.4 Chip Set?  And what about the ROMs?  Much as I want a Rejuvinator,
> it doesn't do me much good if I will have to buy 1.4 later and install
> new chips and ROMs.  I'd rather wait.
>
> So what's the status of the Rejuvinator boards offered now:  with 1.4
> or not?  Anybody know?

  I see the guys at Expert Services (the people who are marketing the
  Rejuvinator) about 2 times a week.  As far as I know, the board is
  using 1.3 ROMs (considering 1.4 isn't released yet) and it doesn't
  have the 1.4 chip set either.

  Now a plug for they Expert Services people (Scott/George, will this get
  me a bigger discount? :-) ).  They have given myself and the people that
  I send to them the BEST service I've ever heard of or had as far as Amiga
  dealers are concerned.  I highly recommend Expert Services for any Amiga
  purchases you are planning to make!

  [ I don't WORK for them, I just finance their cars, homes, etc with my
    purchases there! :-) ]

_______________     /        /                    /  | UUNET:
   /    (___    _  /_       /_          _   __   /_/ | uunet!sdrc!evtracy
  / .  _____)__(__/ /__/_/_/ /__/_/_/__(/__/ (__/ \  +-------------------
    Mobius Recursive Software - Making Yesterday's Tomorrows Today(tm)

FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) (04/14/90)

[answered my own dumb question...]

I called the Expert System people today and got the word from them, direct.

The first batch of 100 boards is NOT all sold yet.  Maybe 20-30 left.
You know the price.  What you get is with the 1 Meg Agnus chip and the 1
Meg ram but no ROM.  For $49.95 more you get ROM 1.3 and a kit with wire
and a switch that allows you to keep loading Kick Start into RAM.  But
it will go into your Chip RAM.  The motherboard RAM will be fast RAM.

First shipments are starting in 2 weeks or so and the next batch of boards
are scheduled to build around the end of May.  Probably another 100 in
that run.

The Flicker-Fixer option is exactly that, you plug a Ff in there.  I thought
Expert was designing a smaller version that would fit in there but I was
told that the Ff would go there just fine.  And they say Frances/Lucas
works just fine.

You have to understand that these are not hard dates, they are approximate.
Don't yell at me or at them if the dates change.

Dana Bourgeois @ Cup.Portal.Com
Better .sigs through electro-chemistry