[comp.sys.amiga] Is there anything left to emulate??

david_r_watters@chocktaw.cis.ohio-state.edu (03/30/90)

From comp.sys.atari.st
---------------------
A small German company showed a ST-emulator for the Commodore
Amiga - and it works! Most of the standard-software is running
nearly as fast as on a real ST. The QUICK INDEX benchmark reported
a performance of 93 - 98 percent. The price: about 600 DM (< $300).
The 'medusa'-emulator will be available in April for the Amiga 2000,
a version for the smaller Amiga 500 a bit later. You have to use
the original TOS, which is not included with the emulator board.
But you get a program which reads the ATARI-ROMs and saves the
OS on a disk. The medusa-board can emulate the STE, so perhaps
it is the fastest way to get a STE in the US to buy an Amiga
and install the medusa-module ... (just a joke !?).

Oliver Steinmeier (uk14@dkauni2.bitnet)
--------------------

Add one more to the list...

Amiga <= IBM XT/AT, Mac 512K/plus/SE, Unix, .... ST series?!

DW

871579l@aucs.uucp (Todd Lowe) (04/08/90)

In article <1670@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
>david_r_watters@chocktaw.cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
>
>>Add one more to the list...

(MANY emmulators ommitted)

If you want to get even older machines there is a PET emmulator that
will run under the C-64 emmulator.  I don't know why you'd want to
anymore (I haven't seen anyone actually use a PET for 5 or 6 years),
but it shows versatillity (sp?).

>Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
>instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.
>--
>John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 2400bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
>sparks@corpane.UUCP |                                     | PH: (502) 968-DISK

-Todd Lowe   871579l@aucs

-Oh yeah, I just remembered that there is even a VIC-20 emmulator that will
work under the C-64 emmulator.

jmc@inesc.UUCP (Miguel Casteleiro) (04/08/90)

In article <23915@usc.edu>, acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
< In article <1670@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
< >david_r_watters@chocktaw.cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
< >>Add one more to the list...
<
< Amiga, IBM (XT/AT), Mac, Unix, ST, CPM, C64, DecWindows Terminal,
< Xwindows terminal, Apple II.

  And there is also a BBC emulator that emulates the BBC in a custom screen,
  concurrently with AmigaOS.

< >Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
< >instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.
<
< Hey!  How about a Vic 20?  Or a Sincliar ZX-81?  Hmm how about the
< TI-94A?  Last I checked they still had some columns for those mcahines
< in computer shopper.  (Amazing, Huh?)  How about the Coleco adams?
< How about emulating a Cray?  Or an IBM 360?

  How about the Sinclair ZX-Spectrum?
  There are lots and lots of games for it :)

--
                                                                      __
 Miguel Casteleiro at                                            __  ///

gerber@buzzer.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) (04/10/90)

In article <23915@usc.edu>, acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
> In article <1670@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
> >david_r_watters@chocktaw.cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
> >>Add one more to the list...
>
> Amiga, IBM (XT/AT), Mac, Unix, ST, CPM, C64, DecWindows Terminal,
> Xwindows terminal, Apple II.
>
> >Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
> >instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.
>
> Hey!  How about a Vic 20?  Or a Sincliar ZX-81?  Hmm how about the
> TI-94A?  Last I checked they still had some columns for those mcahines
> in computer shopper.  (Amazing, Huh?)  How about the Coleco adams?
> How about emulating a Cray?  Or an IBM 360?

There is (or was) an IBM-PC/370.  This was an IBM 370 on a board set.
This should work with the
bridge board.

This leaves the CRAY.  Does anyone know of any board set implementations? :-)
> Alex C. Liu                   | INTERNET: acliu%skat@usc.edu
> Voice: (213) 749-2730         | BITNET: acliu%skat@gamera
> Q-Link: Alejandro             | UUCP: ...!usc!acliu

--------
Robert M. Gerber		  UUCP:	...!decwrl!oldjon.enet!gerber
				  INET:	gerber@oldjon.enet.dec.com

Any opinions represented here are definetly not those of my employer.
Come to think of it, they may not be mine either!

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:

>In article <1670@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:

>>Amiga, IBM (XT/AT), Mac, Unix, ST, CPM, C64, DecWindows Terminal,
>>Xwindows terminal, Apple II.

>>Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
>>instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.

>Hey!  How about a Vic 20?  Or a Sincliar ZX-81?  Hmm how about the
>TI-94A?  Coleco Adam?

They are DEAD, (bwahhh-ha-ha!!) so they don't count. Actually CP/M is
mostly dead now also. There has to be a software base out there for the
emulation to use before it's worth anything to bother writing the emulation
in the first place. And I guess I should have left out the NeXT and Sun as
they are workstations, not PC's. But all this emulation talk reminds me of
an april fools article I read last year about a MacIntosh emulator for the
Cray XMP. It was 99.9% NOPs in order to slow down the Cray enough to run the
Mac software at normal speeds.

>Alex C. Liu                   | INTERNET: acliu%skat@usc.edu

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 2400bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP |                                     | PH: (502) 968-DISK
Lead me not into temptation. I can find it myself.

matth@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Matthew Hannigan) (04/11/90)

>John Sparks  | D.I.S.K.  wrote
>
>Amiga, IBM (XT/AT), Mac, Unix, ST, CPM, C64, DecWindows Terminal,
>Xwindows terminal, Apple II.
>
>Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
>instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.
>
>Hey!  How about a Vic 20?  Or a Sincliar ZX-81?  Hmm how about the
>TI-94A?  Coleco Adam?
>--
	It also emulates (I hear roughly) a Sinclair QL.
(the QL is Clive's effort after the ZX-80 whatever. It has a
68008 and is multitasking. It was a multi-tasking PC that was
around before the Amiga, actually, I think)

Matt.

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas "flax" Flygare) (04/11/90)

From article <1676@corpane.UUCP>, by sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks):

]
]]]Amiga, IBM (XT/AT), Mac, Unix, ST, CPM, C64, DecWindows Terminal,
]]]Xwindows terminal, Apple II.
]
]]]Amiga can emulate just about anything. should have called it the Chameleon
]]]instead. About the only thing we can't do yet is the NeXT, and the Sun.
]
]]Hey!  How about a Vic 20?  Or a Sincliar ZX-81?  Hmm how about the
]]TI-94A?  Coleco Adam?

	Well, you could try my MIX-emulator.. :)
--
jonasf@kuling.docs.uu.se : "Doedth eddydthig dthrike you adth dthrayge
Jonas (flax) Flygare     :  aboud dthidth houdth?" -- Dirk Gently

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (04/12/90)

[What's A line eater anyway...]

Well all this talk about emulations i want a GOOD c64 emmulator.
(A c64 Bridgecard!)

The programs Go-64! and the 64-Emulater are just not up to par.
each has it's good ppoints and bad, If someone combined the two then
theer might be a "OK" 64 emulator. But i'm not going to hold my breath.
Well if anyone has news about any 64 emulators send me some email.
.

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (04/15/90)

In article <640@inesc.UUCP> jmc@inesc.UUCP (Miguel Casteleiro) writes:
>In article <23915@usc.edu>, acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
>  And there is also a BBC emulator that emulates the BBC in a custom screen,
>  concurrently with AmigaOS.

A "BBC" emulator? Does that mean that I could run Alistar Cooke (sp?) AND
workbench at the same time? Be still my heart!

What I want is a Plus-4 emulator, so we can put to work that plethora of
Plus-4 software available. ;-}

And how 'bout a Momenta emulator ("Momenta-lator")? Or FM-Towns, or MSX,
or, or, Illiac-IV. . .  (Quick stop him before he goes off on another
one of his confused tangets!)

                                                      *** mike smithwick ***
"This is a tale of sex, lies and junkfood" - Twin Peaks

[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]