[comp.sys.amiga] VCR Backup ???

In <3643@pikes.Colorado.EDU>, bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben Scott) writes:
>In article <18086@snow-white.udel.EDU> jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:
>>> Easy Streamer is a hardware/software combination which allows you to
>>> use your VCR and inexpensive videotapes for data storge.  Works with
>>> all Amigas by using the composite video output.		$199, RSI
>>
>>But how am I gonna do the restore?  I don't have a composite video *IN*
>>on my Amy!!!   8-)
>
>Well, if you can't do a simple thing like reading high-speed binary code from
>a monitor and type it in as you go, then this product is probably not for you.

:-)

>(more) Seriously, I think that the bit about using the composite video output
>must have been a typo.  Or an incomplete statement.

No, it wasn't a typo. They were going to store the data as regular video, using
the screen to hold the data, and recording it off the composite video output.
They were also going to provide a decoder that would recover the data when you
played the tape back.

I don't know the current status of the Easy Streamer, but I would be surprised
if it ever did come out.

-larry

--
NeXT. The hardware makes it a PC. The software makes it a workstation.
      The units shipped makes it a mainframe.  -=stolen from Hazy=-