[comp.sys.amiga] Execute/IF & evaluating values supplied by programs

bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben Scott) (05/02/90)

In article <90121.114019LDSHANER@MTUS5.BITNET> LDSHANER@MTUS5.BITNET (Leon D. Shaner) writes:
>In the 1.3 Enhancer manual, the description of the AVAIL command says that by
>using, for example, AVAIL TOTAL, the value returned can be evaluated by IF in
>and execute script....It does not, however say how....

I just tried this because I hadn't seen the "AVAIL TOTAL" command before, and
I saw something strange.  When I ran it repeatedly, each time it gave a number
64 bytes higher than the last time.  Now, either this is the most important
news to hit the Amiga scene in years, (run it a few thousand times and get
another meg!) or there's an 'undocumented feature' in the ARP1.3 AVAIL command.

I just hope my machine won't crash before I can finish up here, now... I was
smart enough to run it about a dozen times.

On another topic, can someone please help me with my kill file.  I'm still
getting Marc B's posts.  The line I tried most recently (and I've tried
several) was "/ Marc Barrett /:a:j" (or something like that) but it only
removes posts with that word in the subject line.  I am using "rn" which is
supposed to be fairly common.

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|
|Available at FIDO address 1:104/421.2 & the Arvada 68K BBS at (303)424-9831|