[comp.sys.amiga] I need a better editor...

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (05/02/90)

In article <23801@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> swann@acsu.Buffalo.EDU (stephen swann) writes:
>Hi folks.
>
>	I really want a better editor.  MEmacs is ok, but I want a more
>powerful version.  I like Emacs look-alikes, I want more features.
>i.e. Write-region (to a file), I can't believe they left it out.
>i.e. Using the ALT key instead of ESC to do the "reverse" of CTR:  You
>	know what I mean - "ALT-v" to go up a page, instead of "ESC v"
>i.e. Easy key definition (yeah, I know MEmacs does that)
>i.e. A nice macro language
>i.e. Reads a startup-config file to set macros, etc...
>
>Anybody know an editor that behaves like this?  I'd appreciate an info.
>
>Thanks.
>					Steve S.
Matt Dillon's DME will do all of the above, and more. It allows you
to define any key combination to do any command/macro4

It is avaliable on the Fish disks, and most archives

--
"This ain't Rock 'N Roll, |  These be my words, not my employer's!
 this is Genocide!"       |Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. - Houston, TX