[comp.sys.amiga] Stereo 8svx player wanted

rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard Champeaux) (05/03/90)

Does anyone know where I can find a program that plays a Stereo 8svx
sound.  I'm trying to play with the sound files from the
incoming/amiga/sounds directory of xanth.  These are Stereo samples
created with Perfect Sound 3.0.  I found no player with the sounds,
or anywhere else on xanth.

Thanks for your help.
Rich Champeaux

Rich Champeaux                       PLT:  The plotter device for the Amiga!
rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu           Ask for it at your neighborhood FTP site!

"It's never too late to do nothing at all."

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (05/04/90)

In article <8952@hubcap.clemson.edu> rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard Champeaux) writes:
> Does anyone know where I can find a program that plays a Stereo 8svx
> sound.  I found no player with the sounds, or anywhere else on xanth.

You didn't look hard enough.  The ``sound'' program was posted to
comp.binaries.amiga not too long ago and is archived on xanth in
/usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume90/util/sound.  I've used it
successfully with most of the sounds in /incoming/amiga/sounds.

However, a couple of the files don't appear to be 8SVX (or even IFF)...

	...tad