[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaDOS 2.0 and multiple filesystems

sysop@tlvx.UUCP (SysOp) (05/04/90)

In article <4793@daffy.cs.wisc.edu>, pochron@cat49.cs.wisc.edu (David Pochron) writes:
> the built-in filesystem loses control and CrossDOS always gets first dibs
> when a diskette is inserted?  I was hoping there would be a way to make
> sure that any additional filesystems mounted onto a single device unit would be

Hey, I'd be happy if MSH and CrossDOS still worked!  :-)

> given control only if FFS/OFS didn't recognize the disk inserted as neither.
> (Don't want CrossDOS or MSH checking for IBM disks first as they do...makes
> the system seem sluggish every time I insert an AmigaDOS disk - which is 98%
> of the time.)
>
> BTW, just out of curiosity, any particular reason for not making FFS the
> default formatting option?  Goodness knows I'll be reformatting all my disks
> to FFS once 2.0 is out for the 2000, and hope to never see an OFS disk again!

Why wait?  I've been using FFS formatted floppies for months (year?).
(I got a file off of a BBS a while back that includes something called
"autodiskchange" which does a disk change for the FFS disk/filesystem/whatever
whenever you put a new floppy in.  MSH does something different.)

In the back of my mind, I have been wondering if the DOS 2.0 FFS disks
will be the exact same format and everything with what I'm doing....
Oh well, I can always convert when the time comes.