[comp.sys.amiga] Hey all, its good to be back...

mike@murphy.com (Michael P. Reilly) (05/04/90)

Hey all ... whats up

It has been two years since I last read comp.sys.amiga, and it is
pretty good to be back :-)

This is just a message to the world to say 'Hi' to all the veterans
of comp.sys.amiga, and also a test of our news posting system...

I figured I would ask questions that would create a good number
of responses, thus testing how far the message has propagated.. so:

What kind of really good things have been happening to the Amiga family
lately??? (except for the 3000, I know all about that )
What good programs have come along in the recent year or so???

What versions are we up to in the good old programs like vt100, and
the matt dillon shell...

How about the latest version of UUCP, is it good?
could really use it...

Where is Zoo, I dont have it, where can I get it...

Does anybody have SLIP working on the amiga?? How will it be at 9600
baud ?? is it resonable ??

Thats enough for now... Thanks alot
mike

mike@murphy.com     /*note the small .sig file... like the old days... */

enforcer@pawl.rpi.edu (Paul J Stewart) (05/04/90)

mike@murphy.com (Michael P. Reilly) writes:
>It has been two years since I last read comp.sys.amiga, and it is
>pretty good to be back :-)

Welcome back, mike.  Good to see ya (though I doubt I was in this group when
you were here before).  Nice to see a returnee 'bout these parts.  Seems with
the intro of the 3000, most everyone has been in a tizzy about the new devel-
opments.

>Does anybody have SLIP working on the amiga?? How will it be at 9600
>baud ?? is it resonable ??

A friend of mine seems to be convinced that it's been installed on our IBX
data connections.  Not sure he's got it up and running... Could call him up
and chech it out... Well...  it's nothing too impressive.  Our IBX's can op-
erate up to 19200 baud, but SLIP only seems to work at 1200.  Friend seems
to have been able to get people to telnet him, but wasn't able to get FTP or
mail working.  Of course, he's still on the case.  It was still fun, though.

>Thats enough for now... Thanks alot
>mike

Oh, well we do what we can.

--