[comp.sys.amiga] GOOD LORD, THATS OBSCENE!

noel@uokmax.uucp (Bamf) (05/05/90)

	I have noticed a serious rash of people selling amiga systems at
	outrageous prices.  Maybe you folks can actually get someone to
	buy at these prices, but I just can't stand it anymore, the
	lowly net.consumer needs some advice.

	To wit:

In article <deleted_to_protect_the_guilty> somebody () writes:
>I am selling an Amiga 1000 system, all items in excellent condition.
>
>AMIGA 1000, 512K memory, internal drive, mouse
>AMIGA EXTERNAL DISK DRIVE
>AMIGA 1080 MONITOR
>
>SOFTWARE INCLUDED:
>	Workbench and Extras 1.1
>	Workbench and Extras 1.2
>	Several telecommunications programs
>	Lots of share-ware and PD software, at MY expense.
>
>I am asking for $775, with shipping paid, but am willing to listen to
>other reasonable offers.

	   Now folks, if you are a student, you can get a BRAND NEW
	A500 with everything here but the software (of course 1.2
	is included) for only $799.00 + tax + $15 S/H, *AND* you get
	an additional 512K of RAM with it, plus the kickstart ROMs.
	(This is Commodore's standard educational discount package)

	Make of this what you will, but I have seen alot of used
	computer ads, and believe the going price for a good A1K
	is only around $500 ($300 w/o monitor).

	(Of course, if someone wants to buy *MY* A1000 w/20Meg supra,
	+1Meg RAM, 1080 and external 3.5 and 5.25, for somewhere in the
	neighborhood of $1300 (exactly half of what I have invested in
	it) feel free to scream my direction. :^) :^) :^)

Noel
--
/* Dis'claimer, dat'claimer to look  | noel@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu [129.15.20.2]
  at 'em, you'd never know the diff. |  ----You want it should sing too?----  */