[comp.sys.amiga] VT220 emulator

jross@pilot.njin.net (Jeff Ross) (02/27/90)

I'm looking for a vt200 series terminal emulator for my amiga,  I have
come accross one that seems to work fairly well called meshugana,
however, the keyboard layout has something to be desired.  anybody
have any suggestions?

It would be nice if the terminal supported the local print options,
also some sort of transfer protocol, i.e. kermit.

thanks.

					Jeff
--
Just plain and simple....
arpa:  jross@pilot.njin.net		uucp: uunet!tronsbox!wisdom!jeff

rxtgep@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Glen Pill) (02/27/90)

In article <Feb.26.17.23.52.1990.3154@pilot.njin.net>, jross@pilot.njin.net (Jeff Ross) writes:

> I'm looking for a vt200 series terminal emulator for my amiga,  I have
> come accross one that seems to work fairly well called meshugana,
> however, the keyboard layout has something to be desired.  anybody
> have any suggestions?

A PD/ShareWare program called "Handshake" is what you are after.  It does
FULL vt100 emulation including double height letters.  It also emulates a
vt200 (7 bit & 8 bit) but I haven't checked out the vt220 stuff.  It also
maps the keyboard to be vt220/vt100 compatible.

   hope it helps...

j_manning@csc32.enet.dec.com (John Manning) (05/04/90)

Can some kind sole point me in the direction of a PD/Shareware VT220 emulator
for the Amiga?  I have heard mention of one but have never seen where it can
be obtained(preferably anonymous ftp).  I need one that supports the DO key on
the VT220.  Thanks.

|    John Manning                       |           Sit Ubu, sit               |
|    j_manning@csc32.enet.dec.com       |           Good dog                   |

dedina@cup.portal.com (Michael J Dedina) (05/05/90)

HANDSHAKE is the most complete and accurate VT100-type emulator for the
Amiga.  It does emulate the VT220, but I don't remember if it supports
the DO key or not.  Its shareware, and its on one of the Fish disks.

Help stamp out .sig files