[comp.sys.amiga] BBS program

qhy@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dwayne Hutson) (05/05/90)

I am looking for a good BBS that will handle good editing features for
a message based BBS.  I of course want to be able to do up/down loading, but
this is not what I want the BBS mainly for, so the options for this do not
have to be extensive.  ZMODEM and XMODEM would be nice.

*) Does anyone know of a good PD or non-PD BBS that would meet these specs?
	*) If so, what is it, and how do I get it?

I am wanting to set up a relay for Newsletter info for a club newsletter.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I have a 40mb hard drive, and two floppies.  A500.

+ Dwayne (Tony) Hutson        +++   Phoenix Commodore Computer Group   +
+ qhy@mentor.cc.purdue.edu    +++   90 Shadybrook Heights              +
+                             +++   Greenwood, IN, 46142               +
+ Vice President              +++   BBS (317) 882-7802       24 Hrs.   +

a112@mindlink.UUCP (Greg Bastow) (05/06/90)

 There are currently a lot of software on the market that can fido-net, and
have a lot of very 'nice' features for user's/sysop convenience. Like yourself
I have yet to see a FULL net'ing Amiga system running. I know of two peices of
pre-beta software (BBS That is) that will allow you to 'hook' UUCP, fido, or
any other available 'door' into the software for user's access.
  As far as I can tell, there is not any dedicated UUCP software that would
allows several 'users' to sign on. You may want to track down Mat Dillon's UUCP
software (V1.05D I believe is the newest) for the UUCP access. If your a
programmer, it shouldn't be to difficult to tie it into almost any piece of BBS
software (yeah, hack-style).

  Keep your eyes and ears open for Dialog Professional software, that is
currently in the beta testing stages, so it should be out sometime in the
'near' future. Oh and yes - it _is_ multiline, multiuser.

[\ Greg /]

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) (05/07/90)

What I'm looking for is a good networking Amiga BBS package.  I want one that
will allow connections via UUCP.  Has anyone seen anything like this?  Has
anyone worked on UUCP for the Amiga to allow remote users logging on with
access settings and accounting??  Has to be multiuser.

I want to be able to pickup Netnews and send email through the net as I'm
currently able to do on my 128k Basic based BBS running on a lowly Apple //e.

Surely if I can do this stuff now on the Apple // (through a gateway, no UUCP
as of yet) it can be done on the Amiga!  I'm totally happy with my current
package but I would like to add direct UUCP connections and multi-line
capabilities.  I DON'T want a FIDO based system however.

-- Bob

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |       ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854