[comp.sys.amiga] Amax compatibility

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (05/05/90)

I plan to buy an A3000 as soon as they have one in my local store.  I
want to use it with Amax from time to time and I want to know how
compatible the following programs are:

Double Helix II
MacWrite II
MacDraw II
Smartcom
Fullwrite Professional
Excel

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Please email the info and
I'll summarize to the net.

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Air Warrior is king!
------------------------------+---------------------------

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (05/07/90)

["It's made from fish caught on the moon. Yep, it's a 'Lunafish' casserole!"]
[ from "Revenge of the Space Pandas"]

In article <CMM.0.88.641856869.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>I plan to buy an A3000 as soon as they have one in my local store.  I
>want to use it with Amax from time to time and I want to know how
>compatible the following programs are:

Sorry, I couldn't get my Amax to run on my 3000. I would get to the point
of the screen saying "loading ROMS. . .". When done, I would hit the
return as commanded to launch into mac mode and the thing would crash.

This was while I was running under 1.3. Amax would work fine on my
'020 A1000, but may be puking due to the 030. Any 2630 owners out there
have the same problem?

                                                      *** mike smithwick ***
"This is a tale of sex, lies and junkfood" - Twin Peaks

[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]

In article <48812@ames.arc.nasa.gov> mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) writes:
>Sorry, I couldn't get my Amax to run on my 3000. I would get to the point
>of the screen saying "loading ROMS. . .". When done, I would hit the
>return as commanded to launch into mac mode and the thing would crash.
>
>This was while I was running under 1.3. Amax would work fine on my

	The problem may or may not be with AMax. I'm not even
considering the fact that 2.0 is in beta. It has to do with the
fact that these are also beta 3000s and that they load kickstart
into ram, even when booted with 1.3 as that is not a normal 1.3,
but a modified 1.3 in order to work with the 3000. I know that
when I use setcpu to copy kickstart into RAM, AMax will not work.
I would assume that the same problem is happening on the 3000.
Wait until 2.0 is put on roms and then try it again.

>                                                      *** mike smithwick ***
>"This is a tale of sex, lies and junkfood" - Twin Peaks
>
>[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]

	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

"If Commodore had to market sushi they'd call it `raw cold fish'"
		-- The Bandito, inevitably stolen from someone else