[comp.sys.amiga] "ULowell" card?

BARRETT@owl.ecil.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:

>   I don't remember seeing that "ULowell" card mentioned in any of
>the press releases.  Was it mentioned?  If not, I hope Commodore
>gets it out ASAP, as it is really needed.

>   If it has been introduced, what is the price on it?  Also, does
>it come in a version for the Zorro III bus?

Boy, you sure are hung up on that Ulowell card aren't you? Back when it
was first announced as a technical press release (or whatever they called it)
I asked about when it would be out and how much it would cost, etc.

someone at CBM (I forget who now) sent back to me and said (paraphrased from
memory):

It was just a demo unit. NO plans are being made to mass produce it. It
was just to show what could be done on the Amiga, but the card would be
much too expensive to produce (they would have to charge so much for the
board that they wouldn't sell enough to be profitable).

I too would like to see 24 bit video on an amiga, but I don't think it will
be the Ulowell board. Maybe if they can refine it enough and make it
cheaply enough. Don't hold your breath though. Or start whining about it.
It will get here when it does, and not before.

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 2400bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP |                                     | PH: (502) 968-DISK