[comp.sys.amiga] Amigavision?

a808@mindlink.UUCP (David R. Matthews) (05/06/90)

I've read and heard things about AMIGAVISION that say it blows similar products
(HYPERCARD for MAC) out of the water. Is this true? I hope so!
Let's hear from some people that have hands on experience, some honest
opinions!!

stefan@hercule.cs.concordia.ca (BUCHHOLZ stefan) (05/08/90)

>I've read and heard things about AMIGAVISION saying that it blows
>(Hypercard on Mac) out of the water...etc...some honest opinions...

Honest opinions? are there such things? I'll do my best, ;-)

	We are a Beta test sight for AmigaVision. Unfortunately, since the
software has not been realeased, I cannot (at least should not), give too
many details about the product. I have only used it for about 5 hrs so far
cummulatively, and here are my impressions:

	KOWABANGA! It is more revolutionary than hypercard was 4 years ago.

	The executable I have weighs in over 620K, and this doesn't include
the plentiful help files. You will need 3 MB RAM to do any significant work
with it. If I get requests for more info, I'll answer a few questions, otherwise
there is simply too much to write. Seriously, the Amiga will be a serious force
in the computer world a year from now. After attending the Montreal launching
of the A3000 on thursday, I will probably rave some more about what C= is
doing.

* Stefan Buchholz *    stefan@concour.cs.concordia.ca     * a.k.a Stefy LePew *
* System Administrator of Concordia University's Hyper/Multimedia Laboratory  *
*   Q: What's multimedia? A: Have you got a the rest of your life to spare?   *

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (05/08/90)

In article <1685@mindlink.UUCP> a808@mindlink.UUCP (David R. Matthews) writes:
>I've read and heard things about AMIGAVISION that say it blows similar products
>(HYPERCARD for MAC) out of the water. Is this true? I hope so!
>Let's hear from some people that have hands on experience, some honest
>opinions!!

I don't have strict hands on experience but did attend an hour-long
seminar at the World Of Amiga convention a week ago. I was very impressed.
From what I saw, it did seem to blow EVERYTHING out of the water. It was
incredibly user-friendly, flexible and simple to use. It can control text,
graphics, animations, sound, laser disc players, supports touch screen,
visually placing hot spots (for mouse clicking and/or touch screen) on a
background, etc, etc.

It was easy to use, simply selecting and placing icons representing
anims, sound samps, etc along with icons for goto, branch and other
programming tools.

CBM is packaging AmigaVision with all Amigas sold from now on. That means
that it will be a standard, everyone will own the program. It will be available
for $149 to those of us unlucky enough to have bought our Amigas too early.
Also, according to the CBM guy, it will be out in 2 weeks (that was over a
week ago).

I can't wait to get my hands on it myself.

Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/