[comp.sys.amiga] Meshugena

C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) (06/05/89)

In Message-ID: <DEVEN.89May29144024@daniel.rpi.edu> Deven Corzine
(deven@rpi.edu) says:
>Check out the vt220 emulator called meshugena.  It supports uw.

Can you post this to comp.binaires.amiga or put it on an ftp site?  This
program holds the record for the longest time on my "hit list"  Just shy of 1
year.  The only place I know that has it is Plink and I can't afford Plink. :-(

Bitnet:    C506634@umcvmb.bitnet                    __________________________
Internet:  C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu             / \.--------.           /  \
"The Amiga just isn't reliable enough unless you   |  | Eric   |---------+    |
know a lot about the machine" -- Jerry Pournelle   |  `--------'         !    |
  ================================================||  .--------.         !    |
"I did notice that at my party people stood in     |  | Edwards|_________+    |
 line to play with the Amiga"-- Jerry Pournelle    | /`--------'             |
                           BYTE, October '88       \__________________________/

deven@its.rpi.edu (Deven Corzine) (06/06/89)

In article <16917@louie.udel.EDU> C506634@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) writes:
>In Message-ID: <DEVEN.89May29144024@daniel.rpi.edu> Deven Corzine
>(deven@rpi.edu) says:
>>Check out the vt220 emulator called meshugena.  It supports uw.

>Can you post this to comp.binaires.amiga or put it on an ftp site?
>This program holds the record for the longest time on my "hit list"
>Just shy of 1 year.  The only place I know that has it is Plink and I
>can't afford Plink. :-(

Perhaps it would be worth sending to comp.binaries.amiga.  Several
people have requested it.  (I sent it to one already.)  What do people
think?  Shall I bundle it up and submit it to comp.binaries.amiga?
(Is there sufficient demand?)  [As far as emulating a vt220 goes, it
does a VERY nice job...]

Deven
--
shadow@[128.113.10.2]   <shadow@pawl.rpi.edu> Deven T. Corzine (518) 272-5847
shadow@[128.113.10.201] <shadow@acm.rpi.edu>  2346 15th St.    Pi-Rho America

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (06/07/89)

In article <DEVEN.89Jun6052752@daniel.its.rpi.edu> deven@its.rpi.edu (Deven Corzine) writes:
>(Is there sufficient demand?)  [As far as emulating a vt220 goes, it
>does a VERY nice job...]

What does a real vt220 do that a vt100 doesn't?  The reason I ask is
that I can pick up a real vt220 terminal cheap (maybe free) and want to
know if I should bother.

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

shadow@pawl.rpi.edu (Deven T. Corzine) (06/07/89)

In article <18325@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:

   What does a real vt220 do that a vt100 doesn't?  The reason I ask is
   that I can pick up a real vt220 terminal cheap (maybe free) and want to
   know if I should bother.

Bother.  It's worth it, if only for the keyboard.  It's a pretty nice
terminal besides; far superior to a true VT100, to be sure.  (not that
that takes much...)

Deven
--
shadow@[128.113.10.2]   <shadow@pawl.rpi.edu> Deven T. Corzine (518) 272-5847
shadow@[128.113.10.201] <shadow@acm.rpi.edu>  2346 15th St.    Pi-Rho America
deven@rpitsmts.bitnet   <userfxb6@rpitsmts>   Troy, NY 12180-2306  <<tionen>>
"Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible." - A.K.

j_manning@csc32.enet.dec.com (John Manning) (05/08/90)

Does anyone know what the latest version of Meshugena(vt220 emulator) is and
where I can get it?

|    John Manning                       |           Sit Ubu, sit               |
|    j_manning@csc32.enet.dec.com       |           Good dog                   |