[comp.sys.amiga] uucp105d troubles

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (05/09/90)

After installing Amiga UUCP V1.05D, I have the following problems:

1) uuxqt still doesn't unpack all news that come in. I have to call it
   manually a few times.

2) dmail always tells me that I don't have new mail, but from as well as a
   cd uumail: followed my dmail -f wizard show me that I do have new mail.

3) anews doesn't delete my read articles (even though I use 'd' and then
   'q'. Why, oh why doesn't it support follow-ups?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (05/10/90)

In article <03858.AA03858@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) writes:

>After installing Amiga UUCP V1.05D, I have the following problems:

I installed it the other day myself, and can "andwer" a couple of
your questions.

>1) uuxqt still doesn't unpack all news that come in. I have to call it
>   manually a few times.

Works fine for me. Do you have enough contiguous ram to uncompress
the news?

>2) dmail always tells me that I don't have new mail, but from as well as a
>   cd uumail: followed my dmail -f wizard show me that I do have new mail.

You need to define an environment variable called USER. I.E.
c:setenv USER wizard

>3) anews doesn't delete my read articles (even though I use 'd' and then
>   'q'. Why, oh why doesn't it support follow-ups?

The delete doesn't work for me either. I am looking into this.

It DOES support followups, however you have to use the 'r/R'
commands (a small error, i guess). Replies are not supported
yet, which is why you get the "not supported" msg for the 'f/F'
commands. I don't know why Matt said that both were supported
in the docs.

I also modified the "inform" program to make the inform text
"non-backdrop" and 10 pixels down from the top. As distributed,
I never saw the text, due to other windows being on top of it.

All in all, 1.051D is a much more intigrated. Once we get a full
function news reader, and news forwarding capabilities, it will be
"complete".

--
"This ain't Rock 'N Roll, |  These be my words, not my employer's!
 this is Genocide!"       |Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. - Houston, TX