[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 Schematics

rexfelis@milton.acs.washington.edu (Leif Harrison) (05/08/90)

     Being a poor starving fledgling Computer Engineering major, I was
  wondering if it is possible to get the a set of complete schematics for
  the A3000 (since I can't afford to buy one to get the User's Manual, nor
  can any of my friends :).  Also, if it's possible, to get complete schematics
  for all the custom chips as well.  (Having the schematics for the rest of the
  chips as well would be nice, but I could presumably look those up in a book
  somewhere)  I'm not developing hardware for it or anything (yet :), I'm just
  curious and would be interested in seeing exactly how the beast works.

                             Pre-thanx for any info...

                                              Leif Harrison
                                              rexfelis@milton.u.washington.edu

In article <3336@milton.acs.washington.edu> rexfelis@milton.acs.washington.edu (Leif Harrison) writes:

>    Being a poor starving fledgling Computer Engineering major, I was
> wondering if it is possible to get the a set of complete schematics for
> the A3000 (since I can't afford to buy one to get the User's Manual, nor
> can any of my friends :).  Also, if it's possible, to get complete schematics
> for all the custom chips as well.  (Having the schematics for the rest of the
> chips as well would be nice, but I could presumably look those up in a book
> somewhere)  I'm not developing hardware for it or anything (yet :), I'm just
> curious and would be interested in seeing exactly how the beast works.

Traditionally some form of system schematics have been included in the
users manual, but for up to date production schematics you have to order
the service manual or schematics kit from throught service channels.

As more of the system logic is implemented in gate arrays, the educational
value of these schematics diminishes considerably.

Schematics of the custom chips are not available outside the Commodore
engineering department.  Basic information about these chips is in the
Amiga hardware manuuals, some additional programming information is
available throught the developer support program.

baronz@caen.engin.umich.edu (Aaron L Richards) (05/10/90)

In article <3336@milton.acs.washington.edu>, rexfelis@milton.acs.washington.edu (Leif Harrison) writes:

>   I was
>   wondering if it is possible to get the a set of complete schematics for
>   the A3000 (since I can't afford to buy one to get the User's Manual, nor

     If you can get your local Commodore dealer to loan you a copy
of the "Introduction to the Amiga 3000" manual you will find schematics
for the 3000 there.  I don't remember if the chip pinouts are there,
however.

    Question?  Why does C= put schematics in the Intro manual?