[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga in supermarkets

krentz@mentor.com (Ken Rentz) (05/24/90)

In article <1822@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:

>Where have you been for the last few years? Never seen a Kroger or
>Winn Dixie SuperStore?? They have (besides groceries):
>Salad bars, Florists, Delicatesens, Restaurants, Jewlery counters,
>and Banks in them!! About the only thing missing is electronics, a roller
>coaster and waterslide (our Winn Dixie does have a waterfall though).

We must be spoiled in Oregon.  We have had Fred Meyer stores here for some
time.  They have the above plus gardening, home remodeling, auto suplies,
clothes, Their own savings and loan chain, and electronics.

None of the sales people even seem to know what an Amiga is, though they do
IBM clones, and software.  I don't think selling Amigas in places like this
would give the machine a bad reputation as long as they sold them with the
computers and not the Nitendos.

--
 Ken Rentz        Mentor Graphics  Silicon Design Division      (503) 626-7000
krentz@pdx.MENTOR.COM {sequent, tessi, gssc, apollo}!mntgfx!krentz

                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT