[comp.sys.amiga] MultiCompiler Modules

martint@altitude.CAM.ORG (Martin Taillefer) (05/25/90)

In article <1876@mindlink.UUCP> a155@mindlink.UUCP (Licerio Alvernaz) writes:

>     I am seeking information and advice on an idea/problem that I
>have in mixing Modula-2 and other languages. Basically I would like to
>be able to use Modula-2 as a platform for mutli-compiler interface.
>     What I mean by this is that I would put C or ASM code within the
>modules ( between the BEGIN and END ) and when the M2 compiler hits
>the other language code, it would then call the required compiler to
>compile that code from within the module.

So what you want is nothing like Modula-2. Don't expect any of
the M2 vendors to start doing something like that, or not exactly
like that. This sor of thing is almost impossible to do unless the same
vendor providing the M2 compiler would also be providing the C compiler.

The ideal way to handle something similar to what you want is to have
you define a definition module in M2, while providing the implemenation
inother languages. This can be done easily when a compiler support the
standrad Amiga object file format, which none of the current M2 compilers
do. Oh well...

Martin Taillefer   INTERNET: martin@pnt.CAM.ORG
UUCP: uunet!philmtl!altitude!martint   TEL: 514/640-5734   BIX: vertex