[comp.sys.amiga] Genealogy

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (05/25/90)

In article <20253@snow-white.udel.EDU>, bkahn-ut@kodak.com writes:
> Date: 05/24/90 17:59:18
> To: amiga-relay@udel.edu
>
> >From: Bruce E. Kahn, Ultra Technologies, M.C. 00501, K-NET 23-87315
> Subject: Genealogy
> A week ago, I asked for recomendations on Genealogical software (either PD
> FTP'able or commercial) for the Amiga. I received two replies (Richard H.
> Wood, and W. Mark Schneider) who said that they would also be interested.
> I have not yet received any information, so I am asking again. If anyone
> is doing any Genealogical work using the Amiga (BBS'ing included), or knows
> of anyone who is, please contact me.
>
> ~

There is a package called "Family Tree" that does do Genealogy. I don't know
anything about it but remember reading an add for it a year or two ago. It is
listed in the Creative Computers add in the April 1990 AmigaWorld. Creatives'
numbers are:

	 U. S. ORDERS   1-800-872-8882
	 Cust. Service    213-214-0000

	 Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm PST (Lawndale, Ca)   cost is $32.46

Mike,

--
"Fogtown, I'm out on your street          | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
I'd run if I only had a place to run to"  | DLA Systems Automation Center

slc@hoptoad.uucp (Steve Costa) (05/26/90)

In article <20253@snow-white.udel.EDU> bkahn-ut@kodak.com writes:
>Date: 05/24/90 17:59:18
>To: amiga-relay@udel.edu
>
>>From: Bruce E. Kahn, Ultra Technologies, M.C. 00501, K-NET 23-87315
>Subject: Genealogy
>A week ago, I asked for recomendations on Genealogical software (either PD
>FTP'able or commercial) for the Amiga. I received two replies (Richard H.
>Wood, and W. Mark Schneider) who said that they would also be interested.
>I have not yet received any information, so I am asking again. If anyone
>is doing any Genealogical work using the Amiga (BBS'ing included), or knows
>of anyone who is, please contact me.
>
>~
I have been using "Your Family Tree" and am reasonably satisfied with it.
I won't say much more than that because they are scheduled to release a
major revision on June 1, and anything I say might no longer apply.