[comp.sys.amiga] AMax and HD20

jfath@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (jerome fath) (05/29/90)

Several months ago I saw an article asking about the possibility of
using an HD20 with AMax (the HD20 is a pre-SCSI Apple hard drive
that could be hooked to the external floppy port of a Mac).  I never
saw a reply to the original posting, but am starting to wonder about
the possibilities myself as ReadySoft is now predicting a July
release for AMax II.
So how about it?  Can it be done?  I've got the drive and cable but
don't care to smoke my machine for a hopeless cause.
Thanks.
==============================QuickSig==================================
Jerry Fath

plonka@carroll1.cc.edu (Dave Plonka) (05/29/90)

In article <45932@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> jfath@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (jerome fath) writes:
>Several months ago I saw an article asking about the possibility of
>using an HD20 with AMax (the HD20 is a pre-SCSI Apple hard drive
>that could be hooked to the external floppy port of a Mac).  I never

  [stuff deleted]

>So how about it?  Can it be done?  I've got the drive and cable but
>don't care to smoke my machine for a hopeless cause.
>Thanks.

I would tend to think not. I tried running MacEnvy, a Mac utility that
tells you all about your "Mac" (ie. CPU, revisions, drives, etc.) and
it reported my 2000 under Amax as having an HD20, when, in reality, I
have no Mac hard drive whatsoever. I would guess this has something to do
with the RAM disk feature of Amax, that makes it think it has the drive
all ready.

Dave

--
    plonka@carroll1.cc.edu             Dave Plonka              ///