[comp.sys.amiga] CAD suggestions needed

santerel@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (05/30/90)

Can anyone suggest a good package for making mechanical drawings? I
don't need a solid modelling package, just one that supports the
traditional CAD functions like automatic scaling and
dimensioning..etc. I'd appreciate any responses.

	Thanks,

		wally

Walter A. Santarelli    University of Pennsylvania, Computer and Info. Science
  (Grad Student)          "My opinions are my own etc."
e-mail:santerel@grad1.cis.upenn.edu   (the only address I know that works)

cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (05/30/90)

In article <25347@netnews.upenn.edu> santerel@grad1.cis.upenn.edu () writes:
>Can anyone suggest a good package for making mechanical drawings? I
>don't need a solid modelling package, just one that supports the
>traditional CAD functions like automatic scaling and
>dimensioning..etc. I'd appreciate any responses.

Both IntroCAD and X-CAD work well for this and do so at a low price
(X-Cad Designer). I've only used X-CAD Designer extensively, it's
good points are that it is reasonably customizable and its refresh
speed is fast enough that you don't mind zooming in and out. The
bad points are that you must use the dongle to save or plot your
work and it crashes too frequently (so save often).

--
--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM