[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP version 1.05 cf 1.03

chrisw@gondor.actrix.co.nz (Chris Woodhouse) (05/27/90)

I am sending this message using Matt's UUCP version 1.03.
Would appreciate comments on what improvements version 1.05 has.
Also if someone could post 1.05 to comp.binaries.amiga for
us folks "down under" it would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

--

Chris Woodhouse, chrisw@gondor.actrix.co.nz

kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (05/27/90)

In article <00103.AA00103@gondor.actrix.co.nz>, chrisw@gondor.actrix.co.nz (Chris Woodhouse) writes:

> Would appreciate comments on what improvements version 1.05 has.

I can't really say, as v1.051d is the 1st version that I've seriously tried
getting up.  In any case ...

> Also if someone could post 1.05 to comp.binaries.amiga for
> us folks "down under" it would be sincerely appreciated.

Version 1.051d was sent to Tad awhile back.  I dunno if he's planning to post
it, as the distribution is pretty big, and v1.03 was posted not too long ago.

Plus ... Matt just recently mentioned v1.06 would be along soon, so it's
probably better if Tad can just wait a bit longer for it to arrive, and post
it instead.

/kim
--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (05/30/90)

In article <726p024YaaUy01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kim@uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) writes:
> Version 1.051d was sent to Tad awhile back.  I dunno if he's
> planning to post it, as the distribution is pretty big, and v1.03
> was posted not too long ago.

The next UUCP posted to the Amiga code groups will be 1.06 or later.

	...tad

dick@woodwrk.UUCP (Richard H. Wood, Garland, Texas) (05/31/90)

Chris Woodhouse, chrisw@gondor.actrix.co.nz writes:
>I am sending this message using Matt's UUCP version 1.03.
>Would appreciate comments on what improvements version 1.05 has.
>Also if someone could post 1.05 to comp.binaries.amiga for
>us folks "down under" it would be sincerely appreciated.
>
>Thanks

The most noticeable improvement, to me at least, is a better News
Reader/Poster in AmigaUUCP1.051D.  But Matt's already mention 1.06D and
an even newer Dnews (I can hardly wait).  I'd suggest waiting for it.
1.03D was quite stable (as is 1.051D) and served me well for several
months.  I'd suspect the benefit vs. effort to upgrade to 1.051D at
this point would be fairly low, assuming 1.06D is really just around
the corner.

--
d.