[comp.sys.amiga] arexx ARG

MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) (05/30/90)

I am using v1.1 (latest?) of Txed.

I am currently having problems with arg():

The file foo.rexx has as its only line:

           say arg()

The following CLI line:

           foo.rexx

results in a "0" on the screen. Which is correct, right?

The following CLI line:

           foo.rexx a b c d e

results in a "1" on the screen. Shouldn't it be a "5"?

What am I missing here?

Thanx for any assistance!

                               - MJB -

                      USENET: mjb@cup.portal.com

wfh58@leah.Albany.Edu (William F. Hammond) (05/31/90)

In query <30325@cup.portal.com> MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) writes:
> . . .
>I am currently having problems with arg():
>The file foo.rexx has as its only line:
>           say arg()
>The following CLI line:
>           foo.rexx
>results in a "0" on the screen. Which is correct, right?
>The following CLI line:
>           foo.rexx a b c d e
>results in a "1" on the screen. Shouldn't it be a "5"?
Anything after "foo.rexx" becomes a single argstring which can be parsed.
Try this foo.rexx:
/* ... */
parse arg w1 w2 w3 w4
call alpha(w1, w2, w3)
exit
alpha: procedure
say arg()
say arg(1)
say arg(2)
say arg(3)
return
/* end of foo.rexx */
Now try:  (1)   rx foo This is a little test.
and       (2)   rx foo "This is a little test."
(Surprised?)
                          -- Bill

MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) (05/31/90)

**** correction ****
In the firt line of my original posting I said:
       (^^^ = first )          I am using V1.1 of TxEd.
That should have been:
                               I am using v1.1 of Arexx.

                         - MJB -

cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (06/01/90)

In article <30325@cup.portal.com> MJB@cup.portal.com (Martin J Brown-Jr) writes:
>I am using v1.1 (latest?) of Txed.

The latest version is 2.2

--
--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM