[comp.sys.amiga] How loud is the A3000?

fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) (05/31/90)

How loud is the fan on the A3000?  Is it like the A2000?  Or like
the A1000?  (Probably too much to ask since the A1000 is the quietest
computer I've ever seen.)

--
Robert Fenske, Jr.                      Sw     | The Taming the C*sm*s series:
Electromagnetics Division              /R---\  |

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (06/01/90)

In article <1537@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) writes:
>How loud is the fan on the A3000?  Is it like the A2000?  Or like
>the A1000?  (Probably too much to ask since the A1000 is the quietest
>computer I've ever seen.)

The A3000 has a demand driven fan system.. :)  From what I've heard, anyway.
That means, the hotter it gets, the faster the fan goes.  Apparently,
however, the loudest it will ever get is quieter than the A2000's fan.

Of course, so is the shuttle [when it's taking off, that is] :) :)

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
"Excuse my ignorance, but I've been run over by my train of thought."  -me