[comp.sys.amiga] Ram question

Andy Hartman (Amiga Man) <amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> (06/01/90)

Can someone with one of these please tell me what size ram goes in it?  I
ordered the SIMM version and the guy at GO-AMIGO said 4x1 was the size.  I
don't know anything about ram (other than I need more) so I need to hear
from someone who owns one.

Please e-mail me.  BTW, should I have gotten the DIP version?  Dips are
7.75/chip (80ns) and SIMMS are 69.00/meg (80ns) [only a difference of about
1.00 total]

Thanks for the info.  Please e-mail.

AMH

* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!|        ///
* Indiana University |-----------------------------------|       ///
*++Construction++++++|   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |   \\\///
*+++++++Zone+++++++++|   AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu   |    \XX/

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (06/04/90)

In article <46363@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Amiga Man) writes:
> Can someone with one of these please tell me what size ram goes in it?  I
> ordered the SIMM version and the guy at GO-AMIGO said 4x1 was the size.  I
> don't know anything about ram (other than I need more) so I need to hear
> from someone who owns one.
>
> Please e-mail me.  BTW, should I have gotten the DIP version?  Dips are
> 7.75/chip (80ns) and SIMMS are 69.00/meg (80ns) [only a difference of about
> 1.00 total]
>
> Thanks for the info.  Please e-mail.
>
> AMH
>
> * Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!|        ///
> *++Construction++++++|   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |   \\\///
> *+++++++Zone+++++++++|   AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu   |    \XX/

8-Up!/SIMM uses Mac-style SIMMS, either the 256K or 1M versions.

--
 / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \