[comp.sys.amiga] SKsh line editing

" Seaman) (06/01/90)

koren@hpfelg.HP.COM (Steve Koren) writes:
< This is drifting a little bit, but the 1.5 release of SKsh will support
< vi style command line editing in the shell, including insert mode,
< movement mode, etc.

Finally!  Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

So, when can we expect this wonderful beast?  Real Soon Now(TM)? :-)

--
Chris (Insert phrase here) Seaman |    /--\
cseaman@sequent <or>              |   |    |         "This is as real as

koren@hpfelg.HP.COM (Steve Koren) (06/04/90)

> < This is drifting a little bit, but the 1.5 release of SKsh will support
> < vi style command line editing in the shell, including insert mode,
> < movement mode, etc.

> Finally!  Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

> So, when can we expect this wonderful beast?  Real Soon Now(TM)? :-)

I still have some work left to do on it.  Maybe a month yet, but that's
just my best guess at the moment.  I'll announce it in c.s.a.t. when
it is ready.

Also, the new command line editing will actually support more than
emacs and vi style editing.  You'll be able to bind any key or
sequence of keys to any function or combination of functions.  There
will be around 35 "low level" command line editing functions available:
things like "cursor to end of line" or "delete a character".  You'll
be able to emulate nearly any editor with it.

    - steve