[comp.sys.amiga] Analog Joystick once again

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (06/03/90)

I'm terribly sorry to bring this up again, from what I've seen this problem
has been discussed already. However, at that time not in the slightest
being interested in analog joysticks I just rushed through these articles
with the 'd' key...

Now, I have seen an analog joystick with a flight sim on a ms-dos machine
and I couldn't believe it. I must have such a thing to use with Falcon!!

Is there a way to connect such a thing to the Amiga?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

jcs@crash.cts.com (John Schultz) (06/05/90)

In article <04578.AA04578@sosaria.imp.com> wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) writes:
>Now, I have seen an analog joystick with a flight sim on a ms-dos machine
>and I couldn't believe it. I must have such a thing to use with Falcon!!
>
>Is there a way to connect such a thing to the Amiga?

  Sure. You can easily adapt IBM analog joysticks to the Amiga. All you
need is a DB-9 female,a DB-15 female, two .22uf tantalum caps, and 7
pieces of wire.  And last and most importantly, you'll need some software
to use it with.  As far as I now, Falcon doesn't support analog joysticks,
old versions of Jet and Flight Simulator II *do* support analog joysticks,
Air Warrior (Genie) does, SpaceSpuds (X-Specs) does.  For now, that's
it (that I know of, hopefully there are others).
  Perhaps if you write to Spectrum Holobyte, they'll add support, as
it's extremely easy to do.

  John