[comp.sys.amiga] COMDEX

harald@ccicpg.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (10/27/87)

	Since I will be going to COMDEX, and many people in this group will not
be able to go, I would like to offer my time for any interests. Please e-mail
to me. I will only be in/out in a day so please keep the subject as limited
as possible to Amiga specific questions. I will post when I get back.

--
Work: Computer Consoles Inc. (CCI), Advanced Development Group (ADG)
      Irvine, CA (RISCy business! Home of the CCI POWER 6/32)

gt5784a@prism.gatech.EDU (Walter G. Reynolds (JJ)) (06/06/90)

Hmm.. went to ComDex today.. no commodores anywhere.  WHY NOT?? With the
advent of the 3000, it seems like Commodore would have been there....

But, while I am in no way trying to give a total summary of ComDex, here
is what happened on while I was there:
I walked a lot.
(this was my first trip to ComDex)

WordPerfect was there in strength (I even won a small prize from them..
wish me luck: I made it to the final round and can win a HP III!)
They were strongly advertising WordPerfect 5.1 and DrawPerfect.

It kinda hurt me to the bone when they mentioned how WordPerfect is
available on many different machines (and they rattled them off), and
didn't mention the Amiga.

Hayes was there showing off the Ultra 9600 baud modem line, along with
several Read/write CD-ROM's (including a 12-inch CD!)

However, there were no major announcements.. (although I did get free
one-year subscriptions to alot of magazines)

Still, I am very disappointed that commodore wasn't there.

There WAS one neat program.. it would allow you to create a partition
on your hard drive (IBM), and everything sent to that partition would
be compressed-essentially doubling the hard drive's capacity.  It was
completely transparent to the OS.

Oh, they also had a machine running at (dare I say this??) 100 MIPS.
no, that's not a typo, either.....100 MIPS.

Ohwell, since I can't say anything nice about commodore right now,
I guess I'll just end this message... if anyone wants any particular
info, leave me email and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

:(
W.Reynolds.

--
"I think, therefore I am." - Descartes               |          Only Amiga
"I know you are, but what am I?" - Pee Wee Herman    |    // makes .sigs like

In article <10149@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5784a@prism.gatech.EDU (Walter G. Reynolds (JJ)) writes:
>Hayes was there showing off the Ultra 9600 baud modem line, along with
>several Read/write CD-ROM's (including a 12-inch CD!)

OOPS.. I did NOT mean to imply that Hayes was making the tape drives :)..
I meant to say that hayes was showing off modems.  Several companies were
showing off CD-Roms.

W.Reynolds.